Rim darkening

Bigflo

I was worried I’d loose my pipe street cred if I had rim darkening but I guess that’s not the case I’ve been smoking for several years but I’m still trying to learn all the ins and outs
steamboat

Bigflo wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 pm I was worried I’d loose my pipe street cred if I had rim darkening but I guess that’s not the case I’ve been smoking for several years but I’m still trying to learn all the ins and outs
That is the unique part of piping, there is no right or wrong. There are people that will chase unicorns, and there are people that will smoke Carter Hall only. Its all subjective. Some people want to keep there pipes looking like they were never smoked, some will take pride in them heavily smoked and caked. Piping is prob the most subjective hobby ever, just do what you like and smoke what you like, others opinions are useless to your experience. I still want to but in the Machine Made cigar thread, and def have some questions for those folks, being a hand rolled premium cigar guy though!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

steamboat wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:28 pm
Bigflo wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 pm I was worried I’d loose my pipe street cred if I had rim darkening but I guess that’s not the case I’ve been smoking for several years but I’m still trying to learn all the ins and outs
That is the unique part of piping, there is no right or wrong. There are people that will chase unicorns, and there are people that will smoke Carter Hall only. Its all subjective. Some people want to keep there pipes looking like they were never smoked, some will take pride in them heavily smoked and caked. Piping is prob the most subjective hobby ever, just do what you like and smoke what you like, others opinions are useless to your experience. I still want to but in the Machine Made cigar thread, and def have some questions for those folks, being a hand rolled premium cigar guy though!
The codger thing is to do whatever floats your boat and not really care much about what other people think or do. I would claim that the people most concerned about preventing rimcake are more likely to sell the pipe at some point down the road. There is nothing wrong with this.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:48 pm
Bigflo wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:49 pm I was curious if Murphy’s would work does to damage the pipe or just clean it
I* will not damage the pipe, just clean it. When you apply it with a qtip wait until the foam starts bubbling and turning brown then wipe it off with a clean qtip, not a lot of pressure.
*it
The Troll Whisperer