Cleaning Kit

Whalehead King

This page doesn't have a lot of information about each item but I think the pipe cleaning toolkit with it's own pouch is kind of nifty. https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/neerup ... 2/?slide=2.

I don't have any use for more than half this stuff but when I was a young pipe smoker I would have appreciated the gift of the full kit.

Right now, I'm tempted by one of the reaming knives but since they don't get described by any specs or, well, description, I'm not going to splurge for one. That, plus, I don't need anything else that I'm never going to use. I am set in my ways and I have all the tools I need at the moment to keep my pipes in tip-top condition, or, at least, in a condition that meets my unexacting standards.

I admire that there are four styles of branded brushes. Only buy Neerup---- as if you can't find identical brushes with no name attached to them.

The leather mat? I've always wanted one but I suspect this is smaller than I want. No dimensions are included, since there is no description, but I suspect it will be too small for my needs. I want one that is the size of a newspaper folded in half. I don't think that will cost $12.00.

I like the reamer knife's shape but I don't know the difference between African Oak and Bubinga, which sound like they may be the same thing. Bubinga means oak in some sub-Saharan dialects.

The full kit? As I said, this isn't for me at this stage in my career, but I can imagine some people who would be delighted to get one. I wonder what's in that little pouch, a buffing cloth, perhaps, like I use on my eyeglasses? I don't even use those on my eyeglasses and I sure as heck don't use them on my pipe. Who worries about a smudge on a pipe?

Read the customer reviews:

Judith C. doesn't seem to have purchased any of these items but she is generally pleased with P&C. That's nice, if not particularly useful, to know.

Christopher L. seems to know what he's talking about. He talks like someone who spends his time on pipe smokers forums.

Both reviews are dated 2016. I guess these tools aren't exactly flying off the warehouse shelves.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

What is that thing that looks like a hockey stick?
ever forward
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

arturo7 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:03 pm What is that thing that looks like a hockey stick?
I believe it is supposed to be a shank reamer.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

It's cute .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.