LJ Piretti Zippo for sale.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:07 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:50 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:31 pm The Perretti tobaccos I've tired have all been good. Pricey, though. I'm thinkin'...thanks to the reminder from [mention]Bruyere_Royale[/mention]...that I'll pick up a bit of their Thanksgiving Blend when it comes out.
Add an ounce of No Name to your order while you're at it to be able to say that you've tried it. It's a love/hate blend. Their Cuban mixture is one that you'll love though.
I'll do just that. :D I'm awful suggestible when it comes to buying tobacco.
Isn't TAD the PSF way?

Luckily you don't have BAD: Bride Acquisition Disorder, otherwise you'd be all over that Filipina matchmaking site!

I'm looking forward to reading your reviews of all three blends when November rolls around.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:26 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:07 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:50 pm

Add an ounce of No Name to your order while you're at it to be able to say that you've tried it. It's a love/hate blend. Their Cuban mixture is one that you'll love though.
I'll do just that. :D I'm awful suggestible when it comes to buying tobacco.
Isn't TAD the PSF way?

Luckily you don't have BAD: Bride Acquisition Disorder, otherwise you'd be all over that Filipina matchmaking site!

I'm looking forward to reading your reviews of all three blends when November rolls around.
Yep, I'd say that TAD is pretty much the PSF way. As for BAD...well...I've had one for a long, long time. And one's enough. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Is this lighter really worth $33? https://ljperetti.com/product/perettis- ... e-lighter/

I was thinking about it and, while I would like it, because I have fond memories of having Piretti my tobacconist, deep down I am not that committed to the Piretti brand to pay double what I would for a plain Zippo (without the pipe insert). I know that within a year that logo is going to be scratched and partially worn off. The way I treat things, this lighter won't have any resale when I'm done with it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I visited that shop one time , I think back in 92 . I thought the guys there were a little stuffy . Im sure theyre talented , unlike 4 noggins , but the place wasnt inviting . I'd pass on their logo zippo
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:04 pm I visited that shop one time , I think back in 92 . I thought the guys there were a little stuffy . Im sure theyre talented , unlike 4 noggins , but the place wasnt inviting . I'd pass on their logo zippo
LJ Piretti is no Iwan Ries. I think it has to do with location. Anyone can walk into Piretti's at the corner of Boston Common, so they get a lot of college parent looky-loos wasting their time, while, at Ries you have to take a secret elevator in a crummy building under the El tracks to get to their shop----people who step off the elevator are already committed. Plus, Piretti is more a tobacconist blender than a pipe shop.

I went to LJ Piretti's shop probably 4 dozen times in four years. Every visit was strictly a business transaction. I can't complain about that. I was there to transact business, after all, buying what they were selling. I got my tobacco and I own a two Piretti house pipes that are two of my favorite pipes in my collection. The Piretti staff and I were never pals and I don't feel any affection for the store. I never made a personal connection with the guys I saw every time I visited. Who cares? That who cares attitude is an LJ Piretti trademark. I can't say that I find it endearing but I respect it. They do what they do.

Even with my longer history and association with this historic pipe and pipe tobacco shop, I'm going to pass on their commemorative zippo. I cannot imagine someone being so much of an LJ Piretti fan that they would spring $33 for a branded zippo. There must be someone but that someone isn't us.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Alex

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:12 pm Wow! 225 to hold your stink sticks.
That seams to me, to be vanity pricing, and could very well be full of pencils, unless the Scottish cashmere blanket comes with it.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Alex wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:06 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:12 pm Wow! 225 to hold your stink sticks.
That seams to me, to be vanity pricing, and could very well be full of pencils, unless the Scottish cashmere blanket comes with it.
I doubt that's a real Scottish cashmere blanket in that photo, maybe Costco. Lol
The Troll Whisperer