Show Us Your Zippo!

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I misplaced both my plain Zippo lighters this week. Okay, I lost them. They are somewhere but I cannot find them so I ordered a new Zippo from Amazon to be delivered within 48 hours. Delivered as promised.

Mrs. B asked me what was in the package. I didn't expect it to arrive so soon so I said I didn't know. I opened the parcel and looked at the contents and started laughing. Of course! My new Zippo!

Mrs. B said, "Show it to me." I showed Mrs. B. my new Zippo.

Mrs. B. said to me, "Since when are you a playboy?"

Me: "Since you've known me."

Mrs. B.: "I don't mean like that. I mean since when do you read Playboy Magazine."

Me: "Never, but this lighter only cost an extra three dollars compared to the plain."

In the picture on Amazon, I could see the models tan lines. They are invisible on the actual lighter. I'll have to get my monocle to see if they even exist in the grainy printing process on the metal. All in all, this Zippo was worth the extra $3.00. Who could resist a smile flicking this lighter open and giving the flint a whirl? I didn't purchase this Zippo for the cheesecake on the outside, I bought it for the Zippo's reliable guts and working parts.

That photo of my new Playboy Zippo was taken today after the Zippo had been used only once for a charring light. I put the lighter on top of the front cover of a book of Hollywood glamor portraits from 1929-1945. B&W. Then, I snapped the photo.

The lady not on the Zippo is Louise Brooks, who's best-remembered movie is Pandora's Box. Ms. Brooks, and the movie, were immortalized in pop culture by the band Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark. I have always loved this song and this video:

I have always loved a Zippo lighter, even though I do tend to lose them.

Does anyone else have a Zippo to show and a story to share about it? I looked through the "Accessory" forum and I didn''t anything dedicated to a perpetual, evergreen, Zippo them, a "Show Me" theme, if you will. Maybe someone from Missouri could add something....
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:36 pm I misplaced both my plain Zippo lighters this week. Okay, I lost them. They are somewhere but I cannot find them so I ordered a new Zippo from Amazon to be delivered within 48 hours. Delivered as promised.

Mrs. B asked me what was in the package. I didn't expect it to arrive so soon so I said I didn't know. I opened the parcel and looked at the contents and started laughing. Of course! My new Zippo!

Mrs. B said, "Show it to me." I showed Mrs. B. my new Zippo.

Mrs. B. said to me, "Since when are you a playboy?"

Me: "Since you've known me."

Mrs. B.: "I don't mean like that. I mean since when do you read Playboy Magazine."

Me: "Never, but this lighter only cost an extra three dollars compared to the plain."

In the picture on Amazon, I could see the models tan lines. They are invisible on the actual lighter. I'll have to get my monocle to see if they even exist in the grainy printing process on the metal. All in all, this Zippo was worth the extra $3.00. Who could resist a smile flicking this lighter open and giving the flint a whirl? I didn't purchase this Zippo for the cheesecake on the outside, I bought it for the Zippo's reliable guts and working parts.

That photo of my new Playboy Zippo was taken today after the Zippo had been used only once for a charring light. I put the lighter on top of the front cover of a book of Hollywood glamor portraits from 1929-1945. B&W. Then, I snapped the photo.

The lady not on the Zippo is Louise Brooks, who's best-remembered movie is Pandora's Box. Ms. Brooks, and the movie, were immortalized in pop culture by the band Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark. I have always loved this song and this video:

I have always loved a Zippo lighter, even though I do tend to lose them.

Does anyone else have a Zippo to show and a story to share about it? I looked through the "Accessory" forum and I didn''t anything dedicated to a perpetual, evergreen, Zippo them, a "Show Me" theme, if you will. Maybe someone from Missouri could add something....
A very very nice lighter ! It could be a lot worse .. it could have had a number of lame things on it . Heck , I remember when playboys didnt show much more than that .
My brother and I [ and some friends ] built a fort many many years ago [ early 70s ] . We had a secret compartment under the floor boards where we kept the playboys . It was like looking at another dimension of lovely

Hot stuff ..

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Mine is just as plain as ditchwater. Just like a few million others out there. Half of which I lost.
Riff89

Image the “street chrome” finish zippo is just a standard zippo insert that I bought at Walmart while I was away at work without a lighter. The stone finish zippo was a Christmas gift from the wife several years back when I lost my original zippo somewhere in Connecticut or Massachusetts while I was at work. I glued a NH state quarter to it a few years ago and swapped out the original insert for a pipe insert and it’s the lighter that’s on the table beside my chair In the man cave so I don’t lose it. Zippos are pretty awesome lighters I’ve always liked them, they just never go out of style.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I gave away my Travis Club Zippo. All I have left is a brushed chrome Zip I got at Walmart. No big whoop.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:56 pm I gave away my Travis Club Zippo. All I have left is a brushed chrome Zip I got at Walmart. No big whoop.
:(
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Riff89 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:27 pm I glued a NH state quarter to it a few years ago ...
Why haven't I ever thought of that?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:55 pm Mine is just as plain as ditchwater.
That’s pretty plain!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Citizen B wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:01 pm
Riff89 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:27 pm I glued a NH state quarter to it a few years ago ...
Because you're not from NH.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:24 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:01 pm
Because you're not from NH.
When did that ever stop anyone from ruining a perfectly good Zippo? Live free or die!

It's better than that Delaware quarter with Caesar Rodney on it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.