Old Boy Clone

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Anyone have experience with these? Do they work well and do they last a while?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164827940006
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I can't speak for that particular vendor's product but the Oldboy clone I ordered for about that price is a piece of crap. Its a beautiful lighter.....except for the fact it won't light most of the time. Makes me appreciate my Zippo.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Buy a real one.
The Troll Whisperer
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:50 pm Buy a real one.
I wish. Way to expensive.
Ronv69
Founding Member

I've had a couple. They are nice for a while but then they fell apart. I found a Corona Pipemaster and another very nice Corona on eBay and I got both for less than a hundred dollars. But you'll never find a deal on an Old Boy. That should tell you something. If you use it every day you should just save up. The less fancy ones work as well as the sterling.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

How likely are you to lose it? That's why I stick to buying the plainest zippos, less than 20 bucks. I misplace everything. This lighter meets the price point but if it's a piece of junk (spoiler alert) your money is better spent in your pocket. This is just one man's humble opinion. I don't think you're going to buy it, otherwise, you wouldn't be asking----you would have bought it by now. Trust your gut.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:31 pm How likely are you to lose it? That's why I stick to buying the plainest zippos, less than 20 bucks. I misplace everything. This lighter meets the price point but if it's a piece of junk (spoiler alert) your money is better spent in your pocket. This is just one man's humble opinion. I don't think you're going to buy it, otherwise, you wouldn't be asking----you would have bought it by now. Trust your gut.
I cant do the Zippo Taste. :barf:
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

mrpipster wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:48 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:31 pm How likely are you to lose it? That's why I stick to buying the plainest zippos, less than 20 bucks. I misplace everything. This lighter meets the price point but if it's a piece of junk (spoiler alert) your money is better spent in your pocket. This is just one man's humble opinion. I don't think you're going to buy it, otherwise, you wouldn't be asking----you would have bought it by now. Trust your gut.
I cant do the Zippo Taste. :barf:
Me either.. but this is what I use in all my zippos.. works great..Thunderbird makes the best.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

I thought of those. I want the angled flame though. I'm tired of the bic thing.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen