What Do You Carry Your Pipes In?

Mongo

I travel with a Saddleback Leather cable bag as my pipe bag. I can pack a crap-ton of stuff into that bag.
Wooda
Founding Member

When I'm on the powwow circuit I carry all the essentials in a bigger basket.

Room enough for 2-10 pipes and 5lb of tobacco.

Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Maynard

ImageImageFlying back from fire detail out west on Delta a stewardess gave some of us guys these probably back in late 80s or early 90s think they had small can of shaving cream and disposal razor etc.
Maynard

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:24 am Ill call this round one . I have all kinds of stuff but these are the ones I have out .
Usually , I have a pipe in a pipe sock along with a cleaner , my favorite being a camo one that I've temporarily lost , but I've probably got a dozen in my closet . I've got other leather pipe carriers in the closet but haven't been in there in some time .
Anyway, this first one I've had since the shop days . its been on every trip I've taken that was over a few days ...

This next is a sorring owl that my wife bought me for my birthday a few years ago . it goes on overnight trips or a day trip that doesn't have to do with going in the woods or river ..

ImageVery nice!

This third one is one of my beaters and I love it . a cheap non leather that holds a pipe / cleaners and tobacco . it goes anywhere ...

I prefer a roll up pouch for tobacco and will have one in my back pocket . that and a pipe sock is the " work norm "

If I get in my closet today , I'll yank the others out
Whalehead King

Wooda wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:37 am When I'm on the powwow circuit I carry all the essentials in a bigger basket.

Room enough for 2-10 pipes and 5lb of tobacco.

Alright, alright....I'm gonna say it:

Those are basket pipes.

There. I got it out of my system. Carry on. :oops:
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I've got nothin' cool at all. Just this zip up, soft, lined, lunch box Dear Sweetie picked up at Wallyworld. But I'll tell ya, I can cram one pile o' stuff in there! Most days it's carrying a cacophony of four or five various tobaccos, half dozen pipes, a coupla zippos, matches, cleaners, sweetener, a coupla pipe tools, a reaming kit, extra flints and wicks for the zippos, Grabow filters, balsa filters, 9mm filters...and a partridge in a pear tree.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Jlando19

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DarkFiredLeather
I found a guy who makes amazing leather pipe pouches and other things. I really want one. I make my own sheaths for all the knives I make though. So I've convinced myself I could make my own at some point.

Here's a couple pictures of a knife I finished recently since I haven't mentioned that before.

ImageImage
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Wow, after seeing all these rigs, I feel sorta redneck.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 pm https://www.etsy.com/shop/DarkFiredLeather
I found a guy who makes amazing leather pipe pouches and other things. I really want one. I make my own sheaths for all the knives I make though. So I've convinced myself I could make my own at some point.

Here's a couple pictures of a knife I finished recently since I haven't mentioned that before.

ImageImage
man , thats a cool knife
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Jlando19

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:43 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 pm https://www.etsy.com/shop/DarkFiredLeather

ImageImage
man , thats a cool knife
Thank you! I've been at it for a few years now, it's taken a bit of a back seat since i got into school to become a Paramedic. Though once I'm in the field doing that I plan to take another swing at it on my days off. Right now I'm lucky if I get one day a week in the shop.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.