Tampers (Common Items)

arturo7
Member in Good Standing

...must resist temptation to post photo of big toe...
ever forward
AndreRitter

Please continue to resist that impulse Arturo!

New to this so I'm just using a Czech tool or a finger for now but I'm a bit handy so watch this space.
:uh:
Whalehead King

Wanna know what's the perfect diameter for a tamper, and with a perfectly rounded face on the tamping end to get every a reasonable would need to get to when tamping a bowl? Wanna know what tamper is the perfect length, as well as the perfect width to get the job done in any normal tamp emergency? I'm not anything way-out coo-coo, just the usual ritual with a few adjustments depending on pace and humidity. I've got the perfect tamper.

You probably carry one with you every winter.

Nobody complains when their lips are sore from too much kissing. Nobody likes it when their lips are sore from being chapped. Pucker up, lamb chop. You've got the answer to your prayers. Yo.

That Chapstick tube in your down jacket can serve a dual purpose. Using it as a tamper will also loosen up the tip of the stick to help get that balm into all the nooks and crannies of your cracked lips.

When you are smoking your pipe, use the top of a Chapstick tube to tamp it down. Why not? Are you afraid of a little too much goodness in your life? Get wise. When you finally give Chapstick a try, baby, you'll wonder why you didn't fly to buy more by the Fourth of July. Don't cry. The perfect tamper is out there waiting for you to pick it up at a convenient location near you.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Can't go wrong with a good ole Clipper lighter! Just tamp with the bottom of that bad boy. I get them on Amazon.. Multicolor 10 pack is like 8 bucks.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Never seen these before:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264553440375
Whalehead King

Bro Uhaha wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:46 pm Never seen these before:
And you never will again.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bro Uhaha wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:46 pm Never seen these before:
Now this is right up my alley. I'm one of those nail clipper carrier's.
The Troll Whisperer
AndreRitter

Chef Benny wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:37 am Can't go wrong with a good ole Clipper lighter! Just tamp with the bottom of that bad boy. I get them on Amazon.. Multicolor 10 pack is like 8 bucks.
That's a good shout. I'm already using one as my lighter. Do you ever get any trouble with ash etc in the valve?
Bamarick

AndreRitter wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:18 am
Chef Benny wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:37 am Can't go wrong with a good ole Clipper lighter! Just tamp with the bottom of that bad boy. I get them on Amazon.. Multicolor 10 pack is like 8 bucks.
That's a good shout. I'm already using one as my lighter. Do you ever get any trouble with ash etc in the valve?
I have 2 that are used as tampers on occasion. So far so good with the valve not clogging. Each has around 3 or 4 refills of fuel.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
AndreRitter

Cheers chap, mass purchase of clippers lined up.
What is it about pipe smoking and hoarding?