Yet Another Pete 314...Yep.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:52 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 pm
rekamepip wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm Hmmm ..................

what would a fella trade for a pipe such as that

all you got to do is say the word and i'll hit that blue button
I am open to trades of all sorts. My only real wants are that it must have a vulcanite bit and be unfiltered. I tend to like French, American, English makers.
What shapes are you liking these days? I have a few vulcanite, unfiltered pipes around here collecting dust.
Billiards, Apples, Princes, Bulldogs, Bent, Straight. I have been tending away from gigantic bowls, favoring the standard 3/4 - 7/8" drilling.

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:53 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:30 pm If your only issue is the p-lip then you could always send it off to a place like briarville and have a regular stem done for not a ton of coin
Yeah, it's more than just the Pee-lip. I have a tendency to dump ash, and when you do that with a well pipe it always ends badly. It's actually the main reason I rarely smoke my Uhle's well pipe, as it has the exact same problem. If it were one of Pete's straight pipes like an Irish Army, then I'd consider getting a fishtail made for it.
Guys, if you haven't yet, try shoving a little wad of cotton in the well. Doesn't obstruct the draught and will last several bowls while keeping the well dry. I don't even get residue or any build up, just twist a pipe cleaner down there and it comes out.

If you still don't agree with it I might have some things for trade. Although I already have two, from you, what's wrong with us?

That's a great idea. Still think I want to move it on though. No idea what's wrong with us.. my wife keeps asking me that same question and I always just shrug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Is the stem acrylic or vulcanite?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:05 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:52 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 pm

I am open to trades of all sorts. My only real wants are that it must have a vulcanite bit and be unfiltered. I tend to like French, American, English makers.
What shapes are you liking these days? I have a few vulcanite, unfiltered pipes around here collecting dust.
Billiards, Apples, Princes, Bulldogs, Bent, Straight. I have been tending away from gigantic bowls, favoring the standard 3/4 - 7/8" drilling.

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:53 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Yeah, it's more than just the Pee-lip. I have a tendency to dump ash, and when you do that with a well pipe it always ends badly. It's actually the main reason I rarely smoke my Uhle's well pipe, as it has the exact same problem. If it were one of Pete's straight pipes like an Irish Army, then I'd consider getting a fishtail made for it.
Guys, if you haven't yet, try shoving a little wad of cotton in the well. Doesn't obstruct the draught and will last several bowls while keeping the well dry. I don't even get residue or any build up, just twist a pipe cleaner down there and it comes out.

If you still don't agree with it I might have some things for trade. Although I already have two, from you, what's wrong with us?

That's a great idea. Still think I want to move it on though. No idea what's wrong with us.. my wife keeps asking me that same question and I always just shrug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
That is a good idea. I'd heard it before but I forgot about it.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:24 pm Is the stem acrylic or vulcanite?
It looks and feels like Acrylic to me. The P-lip portion is definitely different than the vulcanite ones I've had too. If you have children, hide their eyes..

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:38 pm That is a good idea. I'd heard it before but I forgot about it.
On the Grabow site or somewhere else? I've been doing it for years but wasn't sure if anyone else does. It just so much less work to clean them that way, basically none where the well is concerned and much less everywhere else.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:27 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:38 pm That is a good idea. I'd heard it before but I forgot about it.
On the Grabow site or somewhere else? I've been doing it for years but wasn't sure if anyone else does. It just so much less work to clean them that way, basically none where the well is concerned and much less everywhere else.
I really can't remember where I heard that tip. Probably from you somewhere along the line. 8-)
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

So who's going for it? C'mon, I don't need another...
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:53 pm So who's going for it? C'mon, I don't need another...
Sure you do...
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:02 am
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:53 pm So who's going for it? C'mon, I don't need another...
Sure you do...
No... no... uhh.... no, Kevin needs this one, right?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:13 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:02 am
Sure you do...
No... no... uhh.... no, Kevin needs this one, right?
I'm sure one of you does. Flip a coin
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin