Yet Another Pete 314...Yep.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

rekamepip wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:55 pm
houtenziel wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:59 am Don't be shy guys.. I don't have anything to lose on this one. I'd probably trade the thing for a tub of Granger, beat up old Kaywoodie billiard, etc..
Tobacco for pipe trade
I got tobacco !
I am always up for more tobacco in my life. I am a big time codger burley smoker. Granger, Lane RR, SWR, anything in that sort of wheelhouse is my thing.
Let me know what you want to trade and I am sure we can work something out. 8-)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Surlywill

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:53 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:30 pm If your only issue is the p-lip then you could always send it off to a place like briarville and have a regular stem done for not a ton of coin
[/quote
Yeah, it's more than just the Pee-lip. I have a tendency to dump ash, and when you do that with a well pipe it always ends badly. It's actually the main reason I rarely smoke my Uhle's well pipe, as it has the exact same problem. If it were one of Pete's straight pipes like an Irish Army, then I'd consider getting a fishtail made for it.
Guys, if you haven't yet, try shoving a little wad of cotton in the well. Doesn't obstruct the draught and will last several bowls while keeping the well dry. I don't even get residue or any build up, just twist a pipe cleaner down there and it comes out.

If you still don't agree with it I might have some things for trade. Although I already have two, from you, what's wrong with us?

[/quote
I have a Grabow omega that gurgles like mad. I’ll try that trick. Not a fan of the plip bit but it at least might make it smoke a bit better
“ If A is a success in life, then A=X+Y+Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut.”
- Albert Einstein
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:42 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:42 pm :lol: :lol:
Hey all's fair in pipe tradin.. Every man for himself. I might weep for a day or two in a dark room with REM's "Everybody Hurts" playing on repeat, but I will get over it.
Think I lost track of who's trading who what, curious to see how this shakes out.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Still available fellas.. :tumble:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Hmmmmmmm
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:20 pmHmmmmmmm
You getting it?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Sorry boys, rekamepip is the proud new owner of the Pete. Forgot to update the thread..
― Theodore Roosevelt