I would like to post some barter.

Crusty Cob

Not sure if I'm "legal" yet. There were rules on the old site regarding when I could trade.

I did receive a cool stem for my cob from New York and a very generous package from Texas in past trades on the old site.

I have some items that may be of interest to some here but I want to make sure I'm good to go first.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

It's probably nothing, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm interested to see your baubles.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Crusty Cob wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:19 pm Not sure if I'm "legal" yet. There were rules on the old site regarding when I could trade.

I did receive a cool stem for my cob from New York and a very generous package from Texas in past trades on the old site.

I have some items that may be of interest to some here but I want to make sure I'm good to go first.
Go ahead and post it.

The rules here are somewhat more relaxed. We don't allow cash sales of tobacco, so that is trade only. The things posted have to be pipes, tobacco, accessories that are pipe related (knives count), etc. We counsel people to be careful in transactions over the internet and tell them not to be jerks. We are a community centered around pipe smoking and general appreciation of tobacco. Trades/sales are naturally just part of that community.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:46 amI
Yeah, go for it.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Crusty Cob

Alrighty Then.

Round 1.

Backstory-- My neighbor saw me smoking a pipe one day. The next time I saw him he hands me a grocery bag with 2 pipe racks full of pipes inside. Apparently he bought a storage unit and the pipes were part of the deal. Now the pipes are nothing special but there is a big Savinelli and an pretty cool little Shalom Isreali pipe. The rest are unique enough to pique an interest. I'm going to offer them here. Every one of them has the same light floral (not Lakeland) ghost. Not sure if it is tobacco or something picked up in storage.

Without further ado...

From left
#1 The pipe
#2 The Smoke
#3 Venturi
#4 and 5 The pipe

These have been lightly smoked. Probably not in 40 years. They do show some mileage from use and storage.

Shoot me a trade offer on what you like. Not looking for anything specific.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Crusty Cob wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:30 pm Alrighty Then.

Round 1.

Backstory-- My neighbor saw me smoking a pipe one day. The next time I saw him he hands me a grocery bag with 2 pipe racks full of pipes inside. Apparently he bought a storage unit and the pipes were part of the deal. Now the pipes are nothing special but there is a big Savinelli and an pretty cool little Shalom Isreali pipe. The rest are unique enough to pique an interest. I'm going to offer them here. Every one of them has the same light floral (not Lakeland) ghost. Not sure if it is tobacco or something picked up in storage.

Without further ado...

From left
#1 The pipe
#2 The Smoke
#3 Venturi
#4 and 5 The pipe

These have been lightly smoked. Probably not in 40 years. They do show some mileage from use and storage.

Shoot me a trade offer on what you like. Not looking for anything specific.
Hey, Brylon guys, pique this! The Pipe can be cleaned in the dishwasher too, and probably the others, think they're all the same deal.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

#1 looks like a Fr Tom pipe....
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I was thinking that too. I wonder what the bore ID is?

Old Ted Award - 2017
Crusty Cob

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:02 pm I was thinking that too. I wonder what the bore ID is?
A penny onn edge just fits inside the bowl. Near 1.25 inches deep. All 5 pipes have similar construction.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Guys - these will be honorary brylons for ABC (August Brylon Challenge).

Old Ted Award - 2017