Non-filtered for Filtered

Tsal
Forum Decorum

arturo7 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:38 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:51 am Filters do not change nicotine levels.
Hipster.

Well, most of the things I've read say that they do depending on the style. From 33 to 70%.

As for being a hipster, unfortunately I can't do the skinny jeans thing anymore. But I am a coffee snob and a have a metric tonne of LP's so maybe there's still a chance?
There are those percentages again...lol Go buy a Grabow and I'll send you some dark plug. You should be able to swing those parameters with a filter then you can report back, but don't forget to smoke some first without one. It's a med to strong smoke to begin with...
The Troll Whisperer
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Back on the filter topic (sorta), I think it would be safe to say that hipsters probably use filters.

I can feel the pull of the dark side.

Must check eBay for Polaroid camera...
ever forward
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Hipsters avoid direct quotes and questions only to shun the common folk who bare gifts. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:37 pm There are those percentages again...lol Go buy a Grabow and I'll send you some dark plug. You should be able to swing those parameters with a filter then you can report back, but don't forget to smoke some first without one. It's a med to strong smoke to begin with...
Percentages be damned. I can tell you from personal experience that filters reduce nicotine. And I don't really think the nicotine wallop or lack thereof can be attributed to a placebo effect. Maybe if you smoke ten bowls in a row they don't make a difference. But for one-bowl-at-timer, they are effective.
ever forward
Tsal
Forum Decorum

arturo7 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:53 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:37 pm There are those percentages again...lol Go buy a Grabow and I'll send you some dark plug. You should be able to swing those parameters with a filter then you can report back, but don't forget to smoke some first without one. It's a med to strong smoke to begin with...
Percentages be damned. I can tell you from personal experience that filters reduce nicotine. And don't really think the nicotine wallop or lack thereof can be attributed to a placebo effect. Maybe if you smoke ten bowls in a row they don't make a difference. But for one-bowl-at-timer, they are effective.
Is there a certain tabocco your trying to diffuse? Perhaps just smoke really low level blends, I still dont see.how you can smoke one bowl of something every so often with a filter and tell a difference in nicotine levels. I'm not at all trying to dissuade filters or filter pipes.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

What if you say "Word to your mother" and "Peace out, homes"?
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

Percentages be damned. I can tell you from personal experience that filters reduce nicotine. And I don't really think the nicotine wallop or lack thereof can be attributed to a placebo effect. Maybe if you smoke ten bowls in a row they don't make a difference. But for one-bowl-at-timer, they are effective.
You might be on to something. I don't know nicotine levels from shinola but I do know that a filter provides a different, better smoke. I don't get palpitations when I smoke a filtered pipe. My only reaction is pure, tasty, relaxing satisfaction. I love a filtered pipe.

Not to muddy the waters too much but I also like a pipe with a stinger. Would you trade for a pipe with a stinger? I am asking this on behalf of the shyer PSF members who want to trade their stinger pipes but who won't speak up for themselves.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:01 pm What if you say "Word to your mother" and "Peace out, homes"?
:lol: :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:03 pm
You might be on to something. I don't know nicotine levels from shinola but I do know that a filter provides a different, better smoke. I don't get palpitations when I smoke a filtered pipe. My only reaction is pure, tasty, relaxing satisfaction. I love a filtered pipe.

Not to muddy the waters too much but I also like a pipe with a stinger. Would you trade for a pipe with a stinger? I am asking this on behalf of the shyer PSF members who want to trade their stinger pipes but who won't speak up for themselves.
Yes filters offer a dryer smoke. Maybe it's that 1 micron of nicotine loss that prevents the palp. Who knows...lol
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:01 pm What if you say "Word to your mother" and "Peace out, homes"?
I believe there may be far, far more to Fr. Tom than we have been aware.