Bundle cigars discussion and what are you smoking

Whalehead King

I have grown tired of buying boxes of cigars. Too many boxes that I have to throw away because I have too many empty boxes. I leave them on the street so someone can take them if they need a sturdy box. I am much more inclined to buy a bundle than a box, nowadays. The cigars are good and the price is right. What't the point of a cedar box if I'm not going to keep it afterwards?

I have gotten rid of so many boxes. What's the point? Bundle cigars are no worse than boxed cigars and the price point is totally worth it.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:58 pm I'll be back with more on this topic tomorrow. I'm too tired to think too much!
I said this nearly a year ago and never followed up. Liar, liar pants on fire! I do have some favorite bundles but I haven't bought them in years. Years! When I think of my fave bundles, Consuegra, JR Alts, and Matacan are at the top. As far as I know they might not even make them anymore. The Connies were Frank Llaneza seconds and were delicious cigars. All of them were Honduran AFAIK. Matacan were Mexican puros and were also good with a medium but robust, earthy flavor.

The JR Alts, loved them so much. Way back in the day they were actually budget priced, say $15-$20 for a 25 count bundle of robustos or toros. They tasted nothing like the cigars they were the alternatives for, so I'm told, but I relished every one I ever smoked. I particularly enjoyed the JR Cuban Alts for the Cohiba robustos. It wasn't long after I found these great bundles that their prices skyrocketed to premium levels. I'm not paying premium prices for premiums, much less for cheap bundled cigars. I'm much happier with my machine made goodies nowadays.

After this short stroll down Cigar Memory Lane I think I might go see if my favorites are still out there. Just for old time's sake.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

While out of town this weekend , I tried a couple Casa Garcia cigars . Ist was their maduro ... meh . 2nd was their Connecticut robusto ... total winner !!

Im wondering if the Connecticut is equally as good in all the sizes offered in that blend . The robusto was really good but I'm not a robusto guy so much . I dig a lonsdale size or there abouts . Anyone got experience with the Connecticut line ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I just lament the passing of cheap Illusione, Padron and Tatuaje on cbid. I had a $100-200/week cbid bill for a while there a few years ago because the prices were so good back then.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:49 pm While out of town this weekend , I tried a couple Casa Garcia cigars . Ist was their maduro ... meh . 2nd was their Connecticut robusto ... total winner !!

Im wondering if the Connecticut is equally as good in all the sizes offered in that blend . The robusto was really good but I'm not a robusto guy so much . I dig a lonsdale size or there abouts . Anyone got experience with the Connecticut line ?
Just pulled up jr cigar and these robustos go for 32 bucks a bundle of 20 .... these days , it doesnt get much better
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:27 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:49 pm While out of town this weekend , I tried a couple Casa Garcia cigars . Ist was their maduro ... meh . 2nd was their Connecticut robusto ... total winner !!

Just pulled up jr cigar and these robustos go for 32 bucks a bundle of 20 .... these days , it doesnt get much better
Ok , cigars.com [ never seen that site before ] has them for 25 bucks for the bundle ... plus they have corona and petite corona sizes , amog the others that jr had as well
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am working my way through the first of four 20-cigar bundles that arrived from Finck Cigar Company on Tuesday. Mrs. B. thought Amazon had delivered a package for her. She handed the box to me with a disappointed look on her face. "This is a box of cigars for you," Mrs. B. said.

"Oh, good. I've been waiting for these," I said.

80 Finck Texas Smokers, packed in polystyrene bags with stickers on the front and back. No cedar box. No upcharge. Simplicity in itself. The whole package is functionality obvious. http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/produc ... s_smokers/

I ordered four bundles of Perfectos, of course. These cigars may be seconds but they are perfect enough for me. Snag a bundle and change your life for the better. 80 Finck cigars. I should be good for 2 months, maybe a little bit less, depending on how the next two months go. Longer or shorter, I am looking forward to more than a few enjoyable days smoking these tasty cigars. Bring it on!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:48 pm I am working my way through the first of four 20-cigar bundles that arrived from Finck Cigar Company on Tuesday. Mrs. B. thought Amazon had delivered a package for her. She handed the box to me with a disappointed look on her face. "This is a box of cigars for you," Mrs. B. said.

"Oh, good. I've been waiting for these," I said.

80 Finck Texas Smokers, packed in polystyrene bags with stickers on the front and back. No cedar box. No upcharge. Simplicity in itself. The whole package is functionality obvious. http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/produc ... s_smokers/

I ordered four bundles of Perfectos, of course. These cigars may be seconds but they are perfect enough for me. Snag a bundle and change your life for the better. 80 Finck cigars. I should be good for 2 months, maybe a little bit less, depending on how the next two months go. Longer or shorter, I am looking forward to more than a few enjoyable days smoking these tasty cigars. Bring it on!
Interesting!
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Anyone have these before ? Theyre JC Newman , which I dig , but Ive never had these .. Good ?

https://www.cigar.com/p/quorum-cigars/1411909/
Middle Earth

These probably don't count, but they work for me