Habanos

Whistlebritches

Today I felt like something well aged to accompany the last of my OR Elijah Craig 12 yo bourbon.I grabbed a box of Trinidad Reyes from 07.I knew there were at least a half dozen sticks left in that box.What I found was sure enough a half dozen Reyes and a San Christobal de la Habana El Principe from a dress box about the same age.I must have thrown the last one in there when I disposed of the box.Anyway I fired it up with my Elijah Craig...........wow I had forgot just how good these were.Said goodbye to two old friends tonight.........they both will be greatly missed.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Well folks today is a first for me. A guy I work with went to Cuba for a bit of a vacation and brought back some cigars. He gave me one today. Its a Cohiba in robusto. I dont know which Cohiba it is but right now I dont care. Its my first Cuban cigar.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Those are some mighty tasty seegars, Dale. Enjoy it!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Thanks KK!
It should do nicely after my special dinner the wife is making.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
xrundog

There was a time I preferred Cuban cigars too. Then I smoked pipes for 10 years and barely smoked any cigars. Since picking up cigars again I've discovered that there are a lot of really great Nicaraguan, Honduran and Dominican cigars out there at nice prices (if you shop the sales). I still have a stash of Cubans, but I save them for especially nice days.
saltedplug

I haven't smoked nearly enough habanos to have an opinion. Though I certainly would like to believe in their magic, even this thread represents the nay sayers. And I'm a firm believer in mental obsession and projection, and mistaking opinion for fact.

But I really don't know. Meanwhile I will most probably get a 5-er of My Father Le Bijou 1922 in the next few weeks.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

I’ve found just as good if not better new world cigars but have a good amount of Cubans in my humidor right now. My favorites are the Monte Cristo No2 and the R&J wide Churchill
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I switched back to Nicaraguans. I am more nic junkie than a flavor connoisseur at this time
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
saltedplug

In my previous smoking incarnation of 16 years, I became a nic junkie at about the fifth. That hasn't changed. I like getting kicked in the head.