Cigar Holders

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:07 am So, @Kevin Keith tell me more about cigar holders...

Sizes? One size fits most or several? Will they work with homogenized wrappers? These tend to fall apart quicker than a natural leaf for me. How do they work, that is, are they just plug and play/friction so to speak? I'm curious and interested in getting some or one. Do they have sets with various ring sizes?
The ring gauges are on the holders on my set. See? Stamped right on there. Not everyone would like these. The bit is thicker than a pipe bit and might feel weird to some people.

If you want to go low tech, Softy makes a cigar holder, similar to their bits for pipes. They have different sizes too, but being rubber one holder will fit a wider range of ring gauge.

They work great on HTL, and the cigar is held in by friction. I don't use them all the time, but I do use them and I like them.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Thanks KK!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:56 am I don't use them all the time, but I do use them and I like them.

That's about the best recommendation I could expect for a product like this. I might look into these at another time.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:30 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:32 pm ... It's always this time of year that I get a hankering for cigars..
In the springtime, when the birds start building nests and the flowers start to bloom, bringing the bees out, to and fro, buzzing about, a young man's fancy turns to sowing his wild oats----i.e. girls. This time of a year, for older, more experienced men, who have nothing else to prove, no other conquests to make, who can rest on their laurels, their thoughts turn to cigars.

I'm happy to see I am not the only one and that I am in good company.

I've got cigars on my mind this spring, but, I have to admit I have never seriously thought about cigar holders. Why would I? Only a crazy person asks for trouble----unless the trouble is with it!

All of that said, the cigar holder seed has been planted in this pea brain of mine. It's gonna take a long gestation period before I pull the trigger on a cigar holder, if I ever do. If I ever do, though, I will be in good company, or, at least KK's company. I don't see anyone else owning up that they use a cigar holder. I would think this is something that would be up @Chef Benny 's alley.
@Citizen B
@Kevin Keith

I just saw this post.. Sorry for being tardy to the party! Of course this is up my alley!
I got these little contraptions.. For those times when I get into a Hunter S. Thompson mood!
My King Edward Imperials fit perfect in these bad boys.

Stay classy fellas!

~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Jlando19

Chef Benny wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 pm Image
Aw man come on! I'm already scouring the internet for too many things that are impossible to find because of you guys. Lol.

Those are really nice.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Chef Benny wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:30 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:32 pm ... It's always this time of year that I get a hankering for cigars..
In the springtime, when the birds start building nests and the flowers start to bloom, bringing the bees out, to and fro, buzzing about, a young man's fancy turns to sowing his wild oats----i.e. girls. This time of a year, for older, more experienced men, who have nothing else to prove, no other conquests to make, who can rest on their laurels, their thoughts turn to cigars.

I'm happy to see I am not the only one and that I am in good company.

I've got cigars on my mind this spring, but, I have to admit I have never seriously thought about cigar holders. Why would I? Only a crazy person asks for trouble----unless the trouble is with it!

All of that said, the cigar holder seed has been planted in this pea brain of mine. It's gonna take a long gestation period before I pull the trigger on a cigar holder, if I ever do. If I ever do, though, I will be in good company, or, at least KK's company. I don't see anyone else owning up that they use a cigar holder. I would think this is something that would be up @Chef Benny 's alley.
@Citizen B
@Kevin Keith

I just saw this post.. Sorry for being tardy to the party! Of course this is up my alley!
I got these little contraptions.. For those times when I get into a Hunter S. Thompson mood!
My King Edward Imperials fit perfect in these bad boys.

Stay classy fellas!

Classy indeed! Very nice!

I've got a box of King Edwards coming my way. Never had one before and I'm looking forward to them.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Just scooped up this relic off the bay!

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Chef Benny wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:29 am Just scooped up this relic off the bay!

Sweet score! Could you make out a ring gauge on it?
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Chef Benny wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:29 am Just scooped up this relic off the bay!

Oh, good Lord! The things you boys get into! :thumbs:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:14 am

Sweet score! Could you make out a ring gauge on it?
Mid 40s .. good for a Corona or Toro.