Ring Gage Preference

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:48 am I think I'm gonna buy a box of Churchill's.
Your avatar is wonky on my end.

I got the CI catalog last night and fell asleep reading it, like a kid reading the Sears catalog at Christmas!

I'm thinking about sticking my toe into the pool of things outside my wheelhouse ( Dutch Masters, William Penn, Principe, etc ). I have a price point I won't cross, but I hope to get a few things new to me.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Tsal
Forum Decorum

:lurk:
Wildcat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:17 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:48 am I think I'm gonna buy a box of Churchill's.

I got the CI catalog last night and fell asleep reading it, like a kid reading the Sears catalog at Christmas!

I'm thinking about sticking my toe into the pool of things outside my wheelhouse ( Dutch Masters, William Penn, Principe, etc ). I have a price point I won't cross, but I hope to get a few things new to me.
I've gotten that a few times, I'll have to look into that but it looks normal on my end.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:52 pm :lurk:
Wildcat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:17 pm

I've gotten that a few times, I'll have to look into that but it looks normal on my end.
Always normal here.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Armycw2

Churchill is my size in Puros and 36 in cigarillos
“If you can't send money, send tobacco.” GEN George Washington
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Thanks everyone for your opinions. It seems from the posts that everybody enjoys a good cigar regardless of size. That is as it should be I suppose. All part of the experience.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Lostdog5152 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:26 pm Thanks everyone for your opinions. It seems from the posts that everybody enjoys a good cigar regardless of size. That is as it should be I suppose. All part of the experience.
Wisdom.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Got a bundle of Rosa Cuba 6x60 mostly to try the large ring gage. The cigars tasted great, but I don't think I will ever come to terms with these fat boys. Fine as long as you can remove the cigar from your lips each puff. If I am busy wth my hands and have to park the cigar in my mouth space gets suddenly crowded. I think I will stick to the 50 gage as a maximum from now on. I have only smoked four, so early days yet.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:04 pm
Lostdog5152 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:26 pm Thanks everyone for your opinions. It seems from the posts that everybody enjoys a good cigar regardless of size. That is as it should be I suppose. All part of the experience.
Wisdom.
Word.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:37 pm I like Nub cigars but I wish they were longer.
:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Lostdog5152 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:37 am Got a bundle of Rosa Cuba 6x60 mostly to try the large ring gage. The cigars tasted great, but I don't think I will ever come to terms with these fat boys. Fine as long as you can remove the cigar from your lips each puff. If I am busy wth my hands and have to park the cigar in my mouth space gets suddenly crowded. I think I will stick to the 50 gage as a maximum from now on. I have only smoked four, so early days yet.
The 60's are definitely a leisurely hold and puff cigar unless your really tall and can comfortably keep it in your mouth.
The Troll Whisperer