What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

Whalehead King

If the chocolate Prinicpes have the staying power of the cherry Principes, you are getting snootful. I'd love to have a chocolate Principe right now. Anything is better than the Luden's vibe off these cherry Principes.

I peeled the wrapper of about a dozen of the cherry Principes last month and I've been letting them air out. Every time I get close to the open box, which isn't often, I get a still get a snootful of cherry. I'd rather smell chocolate-flavored machine-rolled tobacco than medicinal fruit-flavored Red La Aurora Principes. I'm going to smoke a cherry Principe tonight. I've procrastinated long enough.

Muriel Hauptmann, take me away!!!!!!!
Whalehead King

Marsh Wheeling. The Pig-Tailed Cigar. They had long tails, too. Marsh Wheelings were the reason cigars are called stogies. A lot of history died when Marsh Wheeling ended production. It wasn't that long ago.....

Where have all the good old-time machine-made cigar brands gone? It makes me sad.
Whalehead King

Pay attention to the master machine made cigar smoker. George Burns was and El Producto man from wa-a-a-a-a-ayyyy back.

He liked bacon and eggs, too.
Whalehead King

I met Al Lewis once. It was in New York. He was standing outside his restaurant inviting people to come in. He was dressed in full Grandpa Munster mode without the makeup. Nice guy. We didn't talk about the Munsters or anything like that. I didn't call him Grandpa or Mr. Lewis, or anything like that. We played it cool. He didn't call me WK, Whalehead, or Mr. King. We both played it real, real cool.

I didn't eat at his restaurant that night. My date and I had just come from dinner and were going dancing at Limelight. He was very friendly. I don't remember what we talked about, it wasn't like we talked theology or traded stock tips or anything like that. I probably complimented him on his outfit and he complimented me on mine. That's how it usually goes. I think he asked me if I lived in the neighborhood. At the time, I lived in Connecticut, though I had friends who lived nearby. I think this all took place a few blocks uptown of the East Village.

I didn't smoke cigars then so it didn't occur to me to ask him what kind of cigar he was smoking. You know it had to be a machine made cigar. Al Lewis was that kind of guy.

It's a shame that the like button is out of commission when I post this. This video alone would set the like-meter off the charts and give Muriel Hauptmann a run for her money.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:42 pm I met Al Lewis once. It was in New York. He was standing outside his restaurant inviting people to come in. He was dressed in full Grandpa Munster mode without the makeup. Nice guy. We didn't talk about the Munsters or anything like that. I didn't call him Grandpa or Mr. Lewis, or anything like that. We played it cool. He didn't call me WK, Whalehead, or Mr. King. We both played it real, real cool.

I didn't eat at his restaurant that night. My date and I had just come from dinner and were going dancing at Limelight. He was very friendly. I don't remember what we talked about, it wasn't like we talked theology or traded stock tips or anything like that. I probably complimented him on his outfit and he complimented me on mine. That's how it usually goes. I think he asked me if I lived in the neighborhood. At the time, I lived in Connecticut, though I had friends who lived nearby. I think this all took place a few blocks uptown of the East Village.

I didn't smoke cigars then so it didn't occur to me to ask him what kind of cigar he was smoking. You know it had to be a machine made cigar. Al Lewis was that kind of guy.

It's a shame that the like button is out of commission when I post this. This video alone would set the like-meter off the charts and give Muriel Hauptmann a run for her money.
He was great as Grandpa Munster. Another role he played before the Munsters was Officer Leo Schnauzer on Car 54 Where Are You? He rocked the NYPD blue to new heights I don't wonder why he chose to dress as Grandpa rather than Officer Schnauzer when he was on the street, hawking business for his restaurant. I don't remember if he smoked his cigars on Car 54 but he probably did. He was a dyed in the wool cigar man and I bet they were machine made too
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:22 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:42 pm I met Al Lewis once. It was in New York. He was standing outside his restaurant inviting people to come in. He was dressed in full Grandpa Munster mode without the makeup. Nice guy. We didn't talk about the Munsters or anything like that. I didn't call him Grandpa or Mr. Lewis, or anything like that. We played it cool. He didn't call me WK, Whalehead, or Mr. King. We both played it real, real cool.

He was great as Grandpa Munster. Another role he played before the Munsters was Officer Leo Schnauzer on Car 54 Where Are You? He rocked the NYPD blue to new heights I don't wonder why he chose to dress as Grandpa rather than Officer Schnauzer when he was on the street, hawking business for his restaurant. I don't remember if he smoked his cigars on Car 54 but he probably did. He was a dyed in the wool cigar man and I bet they were machine made too
I thought about saying that I didn't call him Schnauzer, but I figured nobody would get it. I shoulda known better. You would.

This is what Al Lewis looked like when I met him, except he was dressed in a tuxedo and a cape:

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Im not smokinbg one now . Im in bed reading this site . But before i got here , I was in my tobacco cellar and I have an open 5 pack of king Edward specials , which I enjoy . I really wanted to light it up with a coffee ... but it's near midnight

I am so gonna have it in the am when I wake up

I miss National Brand stuff . I've said it before and I'll say it again .... if id have been a billionaire, id have saved national brand , Mcclellands and would foreably buy jf germain , whether they wanted to sell or not , those lazy bastid Redcoats
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:42 pm
*like*
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

King Edward special / coffee ... killer After dinner combo
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Finck's White Lightning Crook during the Super Bowl with a crisp and clean with no caffeine vodka & tonic.