What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:26 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:10 pm
Citizen B wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:32 pm

In the unlikely event you and I ever meet face-to-face, please remind to shake your hand twice---once because it is a pleasure to meet you and take your measure in person, twice because I want to congratulate on this forthright and honest review. You told us all we need to know. Thank you.
I sincerely hope we do meet one day, Matthew. I would love to have a drink with you and enjoy your stream of consciousness in a live setting, unhindered by distance and the limitations of technology. I'm certain that you in your element are an absolute joy to experience.
I'll be sure to notify you the next time my travels take me to New Orleans. And we'll smoke together, and introduce our wives to one another; like you, I have a great one. :thumbs:
I am about to go radio silent for awhile to fly under the radar but, I felt an urge to respond to this. Thank you, Puff.

"I would love to have a drink with you and enjoy your stream of consciousness in a live setting...."

Be careful what you wish for.

"I'm certain that you in your element are an absolute joy to experience."

People seem to find it a mixed blessing, but, overall, I cannot argue with that assessment. They always go out of their way to come back for more.

"I have a great one."

I wasn't aware that I sing Mrs. King's praises on PSF. I probably do because it does come naturally, like breathing. A good wife is a treasure. They make us better men. I wouldn't trade Mrs. King for the world. I am sure you feel the same about Mrs. Stuff. God bless them.
Well that stinks. The radio silence I mean.

Hoping you're well friend. As always, you're in my prayers and thoughts.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:35 pm
As always, you're in my prayers and thoughts.
Vice versa. Always.
--- "His legend precedes him the way lightning precedes thunder."
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:46 pm
Wildcat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:35 pm
As always, you're in my prayers and thoughts.
Vice versa. Always.
I'll be in touch
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Does a Marb Red count? Stopped for a snort at my son's place and didn't have a cigar with me.
This post by Wildcat liked by (total 2):
RuffinogoldMr Beardsley
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

White Owl Black Cigarillo during lunch . I cant think of a better 50 cents smoke
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
Mr BeardsleyWildcat
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:57 pm White Owl Black Cigarillo during lunch . I cant think of a better 50 cents smoke
I grabbed a two for 99¢ Phillies Sweet Cigarillo the other day and I thought the same thing. It was really good for what it was. I see they have a black too, but I've never seen it in the wild yet
Wildcat
Codger in Training

A Phillies Titan this morning with coffee on the patio before it gets too hot.
This post by Wildcat liked by:
Mr Beardsley
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am breaking my radio silence for a moment, and, this really is the only time I have logged back on, but, the only people who will know what I am talking about are you guys.

I am working through my fourth of five bundles of Finck Texas Smokers perfectos. I still have one bundle left.

So, have you ever gotten so distracted by what you are paying attention to that you reflexively bring the cigar up to your mouth, but, oops! your hand is turned the wrong the way.

That happened to me today, and, instead of taking the shoe peg perfecto tip of this Texas Smoker between my lips, I took the lit end.

Confusion ensued. Something was not right.

I soon realized my error and corrected the situation. I put the cigar in my ashtray and proceeded to spit out the ash in my mouth. I was not burned. I wasn't smoking in full-on chaw mode walking around town. I was lackadaisically reading a book.

Once my palette was cleared of ash, I picked up my Texas Smoker out of the ashtray and puffed away at the unlit end. It all worked out well.

Has anyone else done this?

I think that with a handmade cigar one would pay more attention. With a handmade cigar, which costs much less, we tend to be more neglectful.

I have never done this before but I wasn't surprised when it happened. Machine-made cigars are so reliable in taste and consistency that I tend to pay less attention to smoking them because there will always be another that is just as satisfying. Probably in a half hour after this one.

Machine-made cigars are like the soundtrack of my day so it took a moment like this to appreciate them more and to pay attention to the smoke.

I didn't burn my tongue but there is a lesson to be learned here. Smoke responsibly, folks, and pay attention to how you handle your cigar no matter how much it cost.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyPiping AbeSilver
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:02 pm I am breaking my radio silence for a moment, and, this really is the only time I have logged back on, but, the only people who will know what I am talking about are you guys.

I am working through my fourth of five bundles of Finck Texas Smokers perfectos. I still have one bundle left.

So, have you ever gotten so distracted by what you are paying attention to that you reflexively bring the cigar up to your mouth, but, oops! your hand is turned the wrong the way.

That happened to me today, and, instead of taking the shoe peg perfecto tip of this Texas Smoker between my lips, I took the lit end.

Confusion ensued. Something was not right.

I soon realized my error and corrected the situation. I put the cigar in my ashtray and proceeded to spit out the ash in my mouth. I was not burned. I wasn't smoking in full-on chaw mode walking around town. I was lackadaisically reading a book.

Once my palette was cleared of ash, I picked up my Texas Smoker out of the ashtray and puffed away at the unlit end. It all worked out well.

Has anyone else done this?

I think that with a handmade cigar one would pay more attention. With a handmade cigar, which costs much less, we tend to be more neglectful.

I have never done this before but I wasn't surprised when it happened. Machine-made cigars are so reliable in taste and consistency that I tend to pay less attention to smoking them because there will always be another that is just as satisfying. Probably in a half hour after this one.

Machine-made cigars are like the soundtrack of my day so it took a moment like this to appreciate them more and to pay attention to the smoke.

I didn't burn my tongue but there is a lesson to be learned here. Smoke responsibly, folks, and pay attention to how you handle your cigar no matter how much it cost.
Luckily I haven't done that with a cigar. When I was vaping I did it more than once with a atomizer. Think small heating coil pressed to the lips. It's fun explaining to folks who don't do it or are unfamiliar why you have really crazy burns on your lips. Anyway, hope you are well sir
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 2):
Citizen BPiping Abe
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:38 pm Anyway, hope you are well sir
So far, so good. This tobacconaut is well. Thank you.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 2):
Mr BeardsleyPiping Abe