I don't like a wedgie

Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:02 pm You ever seen them guys that put a tooth pick in the butt end of their cigars ?
Pure class, those guys.
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:54 pm I like V cutter on lonsdales and smaller cigars . But I like a punch on Lonsdales and larger cigars . I also like a guillotine cut on Lonsdale and Larger cigars . Really , I'm a big fan of the Lonsdale sized cigar .. plus or minus a little size or gauge .
I think you've covered all the bases, cutter-wise. I sometimes use my pocket knife to clip my cigar when I'm out in the field. Would you use your knife on a Lonsdale, or on a larger or a smaller cigar?

Aaaaand, which knife do you prefer to open a draw end. I use my handy Opinel, but that's only because it's the knife that I carry. I don't have a big arsenal of pocket knives.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Lol .... Out and about I usually have a sizeable folder on me and I'll flip it out to cut a cigar ... but ... I'm usually smoking machine mades and they are smaller than a Lonsdale . Come to think of it , the GV English Corona get semi close to a lonsdale , as far as machine mades go . Ya know what I think would be fantastic ... a Tiparillo the size of a Lonsdale .. that would be bliss ! Ya know , the Phillie Titan is near Lonsdale and thats a good smoke . My favorit Lonsdale wasnt an actual Lonsdale ... it was a touch widr and longer . It was a cigar Hoyo made called a Cuban largo . It was a ribbon tied bundle in a box . It was the MB GE or SWR with coffee in the am for me back in the shop days
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
JBRiner

I really like a v cut. Most the time I just cut a V with my Kaywoodie pipe knife. If I’m smoking at the cigar shop, I’ll use their nice table top cutter.
Adwyth
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

JBRiner wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:12 pm I really like a v cut. Most the time I just cut a V with my Kaywoodie pipe knife. If I’m smoking at the cigar shop, I’ll use their nice table top cutter.
Those table jobs are sick !
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
JBRiner

Yes sir they are! If I smoked cigars regularly, I would probably invest in one. But I only smoke cigars every now and then.
Adwyth
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I went through a bunch of cigar cutters trying to find the perfect one.. but after watching, I think it was Pete Johnson of Tatuaje, score the last cap with his thumbnail and peel it off, I gave it a shot too. Now this is how I do it. If I recently trimmed my nails way back, I use my old timer to score the cap in the same manner and pull the cap off.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt