What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:08 pm Image

Having the last of the Macanudo Court cigars
When was Father's Day? June 20-something if I'm right. I don't mean to be rude, but I thought this the first time you posted the attached photo: Do you have physical children? I don't recall you having ever mentioned any. I don't recall a lot of things but I think that is something I would remember if I ever knew it.

I know you are married, to another----well, I've been thinking of the next word and I can't think of what the right word might be, so, I'm gonna say----- I know you are married to another father, so to speak, but I was wondering if you and Mrs. Tom have children and that is why you have these Fathers' Day cigars, or, if you get as many bundles of handmade cigars every Fathers' Day as there are church pews....OR BOTH?!?

None of this is any of my business, of course, or anyone else's. You don't need to spill the beans if you don't feel comfortable over-sharing or if you have secret identity issues.

Full disclosure: I have a son. He's a truck driver and I am very proud of him. I am certain I have no other children.

I always like Macanudo cigars. When I only need one or two cigars, I go to the tobacconist in the old orphanage and I pick up a Macanudo or two. The last time I walked out of the humidor at Maya Imports, some joker was at the counter telling the clerk that Macanudo is really a Scottish cigar. "MacAnudo, get it? Like the laird! It's been a conspiracy this whole time!" The guy was getting all agitated telling the clerk at the counter, who's name is Jessica.

It kills me to spend close to twenty bucks on two cigars, but, they're Macanudos.

Here is the website for the tobacconist in the old orphanage. https://mayanimport.com/our-story The owner is very nice. I forget her name. She's a short brunette who knows her cigars and her pipes. She's in the business.

I was going to tell you more about Jessica but I don't want to digress too much off topic. I have never smoked a Macanudo I haven't enjoyed. I need to go to the tobacconist tomorrow but I don't think they are open on Sunday.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Citizen B wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:41 pm

When was Father's Day? June 20-something if I'm right. I don't mean to be rude, but I thought this the first time you posted the attached photo: Do you have physical children? I don't recall you having ever mentioned any. I don't recall a lot of things but I think that is something I would remember if I ever knew it.

I know you are married, to another----well, I've been thinking of the next word and I can't think of what the right word might be, so, I'm gonna say----- I know you are married to another father, so to speak, but I was wondering if you and Mrs. Tom have children and that is why you have these Fathers' Day cigars, or, if you get as many bundles of handmade cigars every Fathers' Day as there are church pews....OR BOTH?!?

None of this is any of my business, of course, or anyone else's. You don't need to spill the beans if you don't feel comfortable over-sharing or if you have secret identity issues.

Full disclosure: I have a son. He's a truck driver and I am very proud of him. I am certain I have no other children.

I always like Macanudo cigars. When I only need one or two cigars, I go to the tobacconist in the old orphanage and I pick up a Macanudo or two. The last time I walked out of the humidor at Maya Imports, some joker was at the counter telling the clerk that Macanudo is really a Scottish cigar. "MacAnudo, get it? Like the laird! It's been a conspiracy this whole time!" The guy was getting all agitated telling the clerk at the counter, who's name is Jessica.

It kills me to spend close to twenty bucks on two cigars, but, they're Macanudos.

Here is the website for the tobacconist in the old orphanage. https://mayanimport.com/our-story The owner is very nice. I forget her name. She's a short brunette who knows her cigars and her pipes. She's in the business.

I was going to tell you more about Jessica but I don't want to digress too much off topic. I have never smoked a Macanudo I haven't enjoyed. I need to go to the tobacconist tomorrow but I don't think they are open on Sunday.
I have two children - 26 and 22. My wife is ordained in the Episcopal church as well.

The church makes a big deal out of Father's Day. My children do not. My wife tries to put together a care package from the dogs. She is a better sport about this than I am. When I buy presents from the dogs, they are things the dogs would want - rawhide chews, etc. My theory is that that is the way dogs think...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:04 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:41 pm

I have two children - 26 and 22. My wife is ordained in the Episcopal church as well.

The church makes a big deal out of Father's Day. My children do not. My wife tries to put together a care package from the dogs. She is a better sport about this than I am. When I buy presents from the dogs, they are things the dogs would want - rawhide chews, etc. My theory is that that is the way dogs think...
"My wife is ordained in the Episcopal church as well." That's exactly what I meant.

A good wife is a blessing to have.

I didn't mean to pry but my curiosity got the best of me.

Happy belated Fathers' Day. I know you enjoyed that Macanudo.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

mrpipster wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:43 pm
rlucas wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:13 pm Drew Estates Factory Smokes
Which one? I got some sweet robustos that I really like.
The ones in the maduro wrapper
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I am smoking a Julius Caeser Toro.

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

WOW!!!!

@Dr Uhaha decided to gift me his cigars that he won in @mrpipster cigar giveaway game!

Unbelievable! I was not expecting that!

Thank you so much for the stogies!
I am enjoying the Casa Royale right now!
What a wonderful surprise!!

They came at the perfect time.. I was fresh out of handmade cigars.

I appreciate your generosity ..thanks again!

~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Silver
Certified Codger

Smoking an Ezra Zion FHK in the backyard on a perfect summer day.
Silver
Certified Codger

That was a tasty cigar. I believe I'll purchase from Ezra Zion again. Before I do that, I want to try Finck's. Get some economical work-the-yard smokes.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Chef Benny wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:40 am Image

WOW!!!!

@Dr Uhaha decided to gift me his cigars that he won in @mrpipster cigar giveaway game!

Great! Was the boveda pack still usable or rock hard?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

mrpipster wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:12 pm
Chef Benny wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:40 am Image

WOW!!!!

Great! Was the boveda pack still usable or rock hard?
It was fine.. still soft .. the sticks came in great shape..
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.