What Are You Snuffing™

Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Pompadour
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

McChrystal's SP. Not a great experience with this one, as it's super fine and dry. The last two bumps of this have hit my throat even with a light breath.

[mention]Peacock[/mention] - newb tip.. keep a bottle of nasal saline around when things go awry.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:06 pm McChrystal's SP. Not a great experience with this one, as it's super fine and dry. The last two bumps of this have hit my throat even with a light breath.

Peacock - newb tip.. keep a bottle of nasal saline around when things go awry.
Ok.. I think I figured something out.. The grind on the O&G is the same as the SP, Aztec, and Wee Dram. Feeling the O&G it seems almost damp, whereas the SP is super dry like talc. I think maybe these snuffs might have been sitting around for a while and dried out maybe?
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Probably not, starting out on SP or some other fine dry snuff requires a little finesse/technique/je ne sais quoi. Moister stuff is more forgiving.

Edit to add [mention]houtenziel[/mention]
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Morlaix
Peacock

McC all damn day. Really wanting something else but I'll be damned if the package isn't right: this stuff IS addictive. Probably took about 30 bumps over the course of the day. Too much menthol though, started giving me heartburn from that post nasal drip. Or maybe I'm just not blowing my nose enough or snuffing too hard. Either way, ain't gonna stop me. :twisted:
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Peacock wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:44 pm McC all damn day. Really wanting something else but I'll be damned if the package isn't right: this stuff IS addictive. Probably took about 30 bumps over the course of the day. Too much menthol though, started giving me heartburn from that post nasal drip. Or maybe I'm just not blowing my nose enough or snuffing too hard. Either way, ain't gonna stop me. :twisted:
Discreetly spit when possible to avoid taking in any drip. Half the fun is seeing in which direction it leaves your nose.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:50 pm
Peacock wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:44 pm McC all damn day. Really wanting something else but I'll be damned if the package isn't right: this stuff IS addictive. Probably took about 30 bumps over the course of the day. Too much menthol though, started giving me heartburn from that post nasal drip. Or maybe I'm just not blowing my nose enough or snuffing too hard. Either way, ain't gonna stop me. :twisted:
Discreetly spit when possible to avoid taking in any drip. Half the fun is seeing in which direction it leaves your nose.
Sometimes the drip is pleasant too.. Aztec in particular has a hot cocoa drip which pairs well with coffee :lol:
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

McChrystal's SP again. I very lightly hydrated it, and now it seems to be behaving. Before I couldn't really smell the scent, probably because it was going straight through and not sticking. Smells nice like a fresh cup of earl grey, and has a nice burn to it.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Silver Dollar Cola. Man I wish I had a Mexican Coca-cola..
― Theodore Roosevelt