PSF Classic Forum Theme

sisyphus
Site Admin

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:59 pm

I worked really hard on the design of PSF and I am proud of how it turned out. It's the best forum I ever made. It's clean, modern, legible, and everything just works.

I also totally relate to familiarity and nostalgia as playing a huge part in how comfortable a forum feels. My clean and modern may look really white and sterile to some of our members.

I came up with a solution, worked on it since I woke up this morning, and here we are. I have added a PSF Classic theme that you can select in your board preferences. Go to your User Control Panel:

From there click your Board Preferences tab and you'll find a new entry titled My Board Style, which you can use to select between the PSF Default theme and the PSF Classic Theme:

Selecting the PSF Classic Theme will transform this forum into something that isn't an exact replica of the old PSF, but will probably seem a little familiar:

This new PSF Classic Theme is a work in progress and it has some issues. I'll be working on it over the next week or so as I see stuff that is off and try to implement fixes for any issues. It isn't as pretty on a phone as the PSF Default Theme, but it is usable. Let me know if you have any gripes with it or if you come across any glitches in the Suggestions thread:
Suggestions Are Welcome!

Enjoy!
This post by sisyphus liked by (total 8):
Kevin KeithWildcatCoreyRMr Beardsleyjk1300MarineDadBilly Joe321 One
sisyphus
Site Admin

Tue May 01, 2018 9:36 am

For an easier method of switching themes I added a dropbox to the breadcrumbs so you don't have to go digging around in your board settings.

This post by sisyphus liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomWildcatTheWarden
sisyphus
Site Admin

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:17 pm

as of this day 78% of members use the modern theme, 22% classic
This post by sisyphus liked by:
Mr Beardsley