Why I Endure the Hell of Forum Software Upgrading

Whalehead King

[/quote]
sisyphus wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:39 pm when I was your age we hand wrote letters to each other when we wanted to talk
I am your age and I still write letters by hand. Who doesn't like to get real mail? Plus, a trip to the post office to buy stamps is a treat: we get to talk to people you would never meet otherwise if you weren't all standing in line.
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:33 pm It's funny how the entire planet that uses social media is driven by likes, subscribers, friend requests or any other gratifying doohickey. I say 86 the like feature and let's move on fer cryin out loud... like buttons are for posers and hipsters anyway.

-----Spoken like Elvis.

What I like about the likes is that I'm notified when someone likes something, and, so, I am reminded to check threads I've forgotten about. It happens more often than you might think.

There is some kind of formatting error, here, but it is probably my fault and not the new update's.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:23 pm
sisyphus wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:39 pm when I was your age we hand wrote letters to each other when we wanted to talk
I am your age and I still write letters by hand. Who doesn't like to get real mail? Plus, a trip to the post office to buy stamps is a treat: we get to talk to people you would never meet otherwise if you weren't all standing in line.
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:33 pm It's funny how the entire planet that uses social media is driven by likes, subscribers, friend requests or any other gratifying doohickey. I say 86 the like feature and let's move on fer cryin out loud... like buttons are for posers and hipsters anyway.

-----Spoken like Elvis.

What I like about the likes is that I'm notified when someone likes something, and, so, I am reminded to check threads I've forgotten about. It happens more often than you might think.
The only mail I get other than Bill's are pipe related packages, holiday cards and stuff m'lady buys on Amazon. I do however like to go to the PO and I have a few books of Jimmy Hendricks and Johnny Cash stamps. Christmas time, I avoid.

You did something different with your quoting.
The Troll Whisperer
Whalehead King

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:25 pm

-----Spoken like Elvis.

The only mail I get other than Bill's are pipe related packages, holiday cards and stuff m'lady buys on Amazon. I do however like to go to the PO and I have a few books of Jimmy Hendricks and Johnny Cash stamps. Christmas time, I avoid.

If you ever want to be pen pals, PM me your mailing address. :king:
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:28 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:25 pm

If you ever want to be pen pals, PM me your mailing address. :king:
Let me think about that one. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
ncrobb
Founding Member

Thanks for all you do keeping it going. Like everyone else I REALLY appreciate having a place to stop in, read a lot, post a little and just hang out. No clicks, no groupies, no fuss.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

"Life, uh, finds a way"
:thumbs:
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

“I say let me never be complete, I say may I never be content,I say deliver me from Swedish furniture, I say deliver me from clever arts, I say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth,I say you have to give up! I say evolve, and let the chips fall where they may!”
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

"Mommm! BR is talking about hipsters again!"
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Looks great . . . thank you so much!

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:43 pm
“I say let me never be complete, I say may I never be content,I say deliver me from Swedish furniture, I say deliver me from clever arts, I say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth,I say you have to give up! I say evolve, and let the chips fall where they may!”
Yep, that's some hipster....
Last edited by Tsal on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Troll Whisperer