Issue with Likes

avid

you are right, full editor preserves it and post reply doesn't, but they worked the same before
insufferable filter guy
avid

no big deal i guess
insufferable filter guy
sisyphus
Person of Interest

avid wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:28 pm you are right, full editor preserves it and post reply doesn't, but they worked the same before
before I had an ajax extension that did quick replies without a page reload. The new version of site software broke that extension, so we're using the native quick reply. The old quick reply hadn't been updated since 2016, so we're leaving it in the rearview and using the native. Let me see if there is anything in the back end I can toggle to make post reply behave the same as full editor.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
avid

i know nothing about this stuff, it is amazing the tweaking that has to go on with the modern web forum software
insufferable filter guy
sisyphus
Person of Interest

avid wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:52 pm i know nothing about this stuff, it is amazing the tweaking that has to go on with the modern web forum software
well they give you a foundation, but making it look and behave the way you want it to is all you. I'm actually pretty happy that we're so close to being back to fully functional. Another lesson learned, don't do that upgrade you've been putting of when your software vendor just issued a major update in the interest of better code going forward that breaks a lot of old stuff. We got off pretty easy all things considered.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Whalehead King

I like this turn of events. I know someone is reading and liking something. I don't necessarily need to know what since, unless there is a response, there isn't really a need for me to click on the like notification except to read what I've already written, and, I already know that I like it----that's why I posted in the first place.
avid

sisyphus wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:12 pm
avid wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:52 pm i know nothing about this stuff, it is amazing the tweaking that has to go on with the modern web forum software
well they give you a foundation, but making it look and behave the way you want it to is all you. I'm actually pretty happy that we're so close to being back to fully functional. Another lesson learned, don't do that upgrade you've been putting of when your software vendor just issued a major update in the interest of better code going forward that breaks a lot of old stuff. We got off pretty easy all things considered.
i'll have to take your word for it...on everything LOL
insufferable filter guy
avid

i did what Fr. Tom suggested and turned the notification off when someone likes a post, so let us know when it is back working and I'll turn it back on.
insufferable filter guy
avid

the highlight/quote function was really handy also, hope that comes back
insufferable filter guy