PSF Like System

Leave the new Like system or return to the old one?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:15 pm

keep the new
38%
go back to the old
63%

Total votes: 16
AndreRitter

What's with the pop up reply doohickey? Comes up before I have even read the thread.
:uh:
sisyphus
Person of Interest

it's just an ajax page refresh without a page reload
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
AndreRitter

Ajax? Good soccer team. Otherwise I don't have a clue.

Can I turn it off?
avid

sisyphus wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:01 am Let me know if it's working properly.
YES! :bow:
insufferable filter guy
sisyphus
Person of Interest

AndreRitter wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:38 pm Ajax? Good soccer team. Otherwise I don't have a clue.

Can I turn it off?
With Ajax, web applications can send and retrieve data from a server asynchronously without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page.

it also adds some functionality the native quick reply doesn't, and you can't turn it off. PSF always had it, I just had to fix it to work with the current version of the software the site runs on.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Whalehead King

sisyphus wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:03 pm
AndreRitter wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:38 pm Ajax? Good soccer team. Otherwise I don't have a clue.

Can I turn it off?
With Ajax, web applications can send and retrieve data from a server asynchronously without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page.

it also adds some functionality the native quick reply doesn't, and you can't turn it off. PSF always had it, I just had to fix it to work with the current version of the software the site runs on.
I don't even know what you two are talking about. Not Ritter, not Sis, nobody. I have no complaints. Perfection is not the enemy of the good, and, that would be evil.
AndreRitter

Fair enough. Seems less intrusive on the classic format so that's useful.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ok, y'all don't take it personally but I'm not liking posts anymore. I'm not butthurt because I lost in the poll, it's not that I don't like what you said or what you're smoking. It's just that my damn computer reloads or refreshes or whatever after liking and that first world fact is more than I can bear. Oh, the humanity!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:15 am Ok, y'all don't take it personally but I'm not liking posts anymore. I'm not butthurt because I lost in the poll, it's not that I don't like what you said or what you're smoking. It's just that my damn computer reloads or refreshes or whatever after liking and that first world fact is more than I can bear. Oh, the humanity!
That IS quite the burden. On the positive side of things, you will have more time to codger scoop your burley-based smoke of opportunity.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:15 am Ok, y'all don't take it personally but I'm not liking posts anymore. I'm not butthurt because I lost in the poll, it's not that I don't like what you said or what you're smoking. It's just that my damn computer reloads or refreshes or whatever after liking and that first world fact is more than I can bear. Oh, the humanity!
Because your busy schedule is time sensitive?
The Troll Whisperer