I'm not trying to make you Catholic

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Citizen B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:16 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:12 pm Going through my mother’s things I found a book I hadn’t seen in years. My age and older might remember

ImageImageImage
Reading a book like that is like candy to me. I can't get enough of it.
Agreed.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
sisyphus
Person of Interest

mrpipster wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:50 pm Can we just leave religion off these boards. Especially this one!
This thread is fine. I'm just going to say that militant atheism is every bit as annoying as militant devotion to a religion. Both tend to be rigid and authoritarian.

Decide what you believe, practice it, and accept that others believe something else and be ok with that. This, or go live in a box where you won't be bothered by people not coming to the same conclusions and thinking exactly the way you do.

If anything the people who currently have their hands on the levers of power want to replace God with man, and I only see death and destruction coming from it. It makes me wish I believed, because I disagree with them so violently.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ronv69
Founding Member

Amen. I respect other people's religion and their beliefs, within reason. I do have to draw the line at the ritual sacrifice of infants.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:09 pm I do have to draw the line at the ritual sacrifice of infants.
Huh?
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:12 pm Going through my mother’s things I found a book I hadn’t seen in years. My age and older might remember

ImageImageImage
I was Alter Boy in grade school...I used to load up the Thurible with incense like I was sending smoke signals. When the Monsignor was giving mass he always passed on me for that job. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:19 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:09 pm I do have to draw the line at the ritual sacrifice of infants.
Huh?
I don't believe in sacrificing infants to Ba'll, You got a problem with that? 😜🤠
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:28 pm

ImageImageImage
I was Alter Boy in grade school...I used to load up the Thurible with incense like I was sending smoke signals. When the Monsignor was giving mass he always passed on me for that job. :lol:
I was an alter boy in the Methodist and Lutheran churches on alternate Sundays. But all we had to do was light and extinguish the candles.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:10 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:28 pm

ImageImageImage
I was an alter boy in the Methodist and Lutheran churches on alternate Sundays. But all we had to do was light and extinguish the candles.
We did that too and ring the bells.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I went to a new parish this morning for adoration at 6:00AM. It was dark when I pulled up but the church doors were wide open and you could see the inside all lit up. St. Rita of Cascia. It was built in the 50s but it's not modern except in some of the decor. You can tell when it was built but it's not trying to make a statement---it's just an imposing parish church.

Anyhow, I would have taken a picture of the view from the front but the priest wanted to talk with me. He was just finished securing the last door when I pulled up on my motor scooter and parked on the sidewalk right in front.

As I took off my helmet, the priest said, "That was certainly an imposing entrance." I told him that I like to arrive in style. Then, I told him that I had just seen the sign out front last week and I thanked him for opening up so early. Then, he told me they were just about to do the exposition. Me: "I'm in like Flint."

I'll take a picture tomorrow.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

My church.. Saint Francis of Asissi.
It's bright and cheerful!
❤ ✌ 😃
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.