Confessions Of A Pipe Smoker

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:13 am 9) I admit without reservation that consuming half a case of Oly stubbies and an entire jar of pickled eggs was a bad idea. Results scientifically predictable.

The hipster in me says that I probably would have at least sprung for Rainier instead.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:56 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:01 pm
I haven't liked ANY Captain Blech except...drum roll...The Grape. I do like the Grape, but rarely smoke it. Probably because I'm ashamed.
Don't be ashamed. Shout it out loud. This flavor has tempted me for years but I'm partial to Capt. Black Copper so the last tin I bought (still unopened as of this writing) was Copper, not Grape. Now, because of you, I am getting a craving for CB Grape---again. Turn up the volume after the first 37 seconds:

CB Grape lurks in my unconsciousness, the one CB blend I haven't tried besides Blue and White and Cherry. Then, once in a while, someone will mention it, usually you, Mike Dennison, and then I start yearning for it all over again after I had forgotten all about it. I want to forget about it but I'm afraid I won't be able to this time. My secret weapon: an unopened tin of 12 ozs of CB Copper. I love CB Copper. Now you've learned something else about me. I don't think Grape will topple Copper as my favorite CB blend.
I LIKATHAGRRRAAAAAAPE!!😲
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:13 am 9) I admit without reservation that consuming half a case of Oly stubbies and an entire jar of pickled eggs was a bad idea. Results scientifically predictable.

I mean, it's not the worst idea...
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Whalehead King

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:03 pm
2- mixture 79 is awesome. Even better with age.
Anyone who hasn't realized this by now is going through life wearing blinders. It's a secret hidden out in the open.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:08 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:03 pm
2- mixture 79 is awesome. Even better with age.
Anyone who hasn't realized this by now is going through life wearing blinders. It's a secret hidden out in the open.
So very true. 79 was one of the first tobaccos I fell in love with
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

JTWilliams wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:47 pm
JTWilliams wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:53 am 1. I didn't go to college where I really wanted...because of a girl.
2. I can't wait for the IPA bubble to burst. They all smell like cat pee to me.
3. My first pipe tobacco was Half & Half. I almost gave up on the spot.
4. I think I look stupid smoking a Legend, so I usually only smoke it at home.

Probably should have gone to Kent State after all.
5. With sincerest apologies to Fr. Tom, I can't smoke Picayune.
There is no accounting for taste (or in my case lack of it). I am very fond of the stuff, and it has a few fans, but if you are not one, it just leaves more in stock for me.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
BriarPipeNYC

houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:08 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 pm There is a certain pipe shape popular with makers right now which reminds me of a piece of anatomy that will never go near my mouth. Never. I will burn my cellar and pipes before I smoke one of those. Nope.
Ditto.....and who would even consider eating "Spotted Dick"

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

10) I confess, and this one hurts, that before I joined the Army I had... ... ... white-guy-dreads. They've been gone for decades, but sometimes when it rains I can still feel them itching.

I bridged to pipe smoking from another activity.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Picked eggs are awesome especially with "whats this here" sauce.
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:37 am

Picked eggs are awesome especially with "whats this here" sauce.
I like the occasional beer, but never developed a taste for picked eggs. They've always triggered my "gak" reflex.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-