I'm Pipe Smokin'

Middle Earth

I go old school

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:15 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:12 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:08 am I still think we need the die with sides labeled, "earthy," "grassy," "plum,' "bitter," whatever. You roll the die for three or four of them.

For a high tech approach, the right kind of pipe smoking nerd could write a script to generate plausible reviews just by entering the names of a couple of components. It could include the name of some obscure and expensive pipe that was used to smoke it. Add one to the rating for hard to get. Subtract one for available in most grocery stores.

Do you have this posted as a video review on YouTube of Grasmere or something?
:lol: I remember the die idea like it was yesterday! The Dungeon&Dragon dice come in multiple sides so you can really span the gamut...
I was reviewing Heine's I'm surprised you didn't pick up on it... Grasmere? There was no mention of hay or grass.
My bad... Really I should have remembered what you were smoking from WAYS.
Lol...it's cool!
I'll need an expensive pipe to review a G.H product.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Middle Earth wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:16 am I go old school

I have the same box but in blue.👍
The Troll Whisperer
9 Iron
Founding Member

Long pulls of coffee followed by slow puffs from the pipe, tastes like the shattered souls of my vanquished enemies.

Ya gotta step up your game driver.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:28 am Long pulls of coffee followed by slow puffs from the pipe, tastes like the shattered sould of my vanquished enemies.

You not supposed to actually smoke the pipe in order to taste the flavors. :bang:
The Troll Whisperer
9 Iron
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:31 am
9 Iron wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:28 am Long pulls of coffee followed by slow puffs from the pipe, tastes like the shattered sould of my vanquished enemies.

You not supposed to actually smoke the pipe in order to taste the flavors. :bang:
Next you’re gonna tell me to pour the scotch but don’t actually drink it.... :facepalm:
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I guess that explains why people who don't actually seem to smoke a pipe are such experts on the nuances of flavors, packing, etc.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

9 Iron wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:33 am

Next you’re gonna tell me to pour the scotch but don’t actually drink it.... :facepalm:
No, you are supposed to just stand over the glass with your mouth open. Your goal is to catch the alcohol as it's evaporating. You've clearly never scotchhuffed before.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:33 am

Don't even pour it, just having it in the house is enough.
The Troll Whisperer
9 Iron
Founding Member

I fall more into the “Stick a straw in the bottle and let-er rip” camp.