What’s your wild dream?

Middle Earth

Staying put
Happy here
Would have full time maid, cook, grounds keepers, maintainance and security guards
Right now, none of the above except house cleaner once a month
Really do not need or want anything
CoreyR
Founding Member

My wild dream involves a moose, a couple of gallons of good scotch, a tomtom drum and....oh, wait, wrong kinda dream??? :roll:
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

To somehow obtain a chunk of land homesteader style, where the gub'ment can't interfere with me and mine(it's a dream right?). Live off the land and escape slavery to a cultural lifestyle obsession that I have no interest in, and frankly I abhor. Come on Carrington Event take two!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I'd buy a bunch of land in the woods, it would have to be in the woods. Near a river or large lake. House needn't be large. I'd by a 2018 Volvo station wagon and fix up me old Tundra just the way I want it.
Whalehead King

I'm a very urban animal so living in the country has never appealed to me. I like to visit and I appreciate the landscape and the culture of small towns very much, but I like to walk to the corner store.

If you ask people who have known me for a long while, they'll tell you I live a charmed life. For good or for ill, I tend to land in one pot of jam after another. I am happy where I find myself and I tend to put down roots. I never dreamed that I would live in New Orleans and make a life here, but I have. I am the luckiest man I know---and that's not because I live in New Orleans. It's because I am married to Mrs. King, who I wouldn't trade for anything, not for all the tobacco in Lane's warehouse and all the cobs in Missouri. I sleep the sleep of the contented, thanks be to God.

Image.

My wild dream has come true without me even thinking about it.

I'll be walking down the street and stop in my tracks and say, apropos of nothing, to no one in particular (it makes no difference if people are around me in earshot or not, "I love it here." I do love it here. I love where I live. Mrs. King and I are blessed. We know it. We take nothing for granted.

Welcome to my world:
. Oh, yeah. This video is a thriller. Here's a bit of New Orleans restaurant history.

If you are interested in learning more about it, you know where you should stay: La Belle Esplanade (google it). People from PSF occasionally contact me to say they look forward to sitting around with me and smoking a pipe in the back garden. How often does that happen? Rarely. This is New Orleans. Not only do I have stuff to do every day; I'm not on vacation. Plus, this is New Orleans. You have stuff to do, too. Go out and have adventures. I'm just some schlub who loves where he lives. You'll be entranced by the city, too. Go have adventures!

New Orleans is like nowhere I've ever lived before. I am happy every day, all day. Living the dream.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

WK, that tie is fantastic! Nice vid too.
Whistlebritches

Well she's about 30,definitely Asian,loves my personal island in the Pacific,gives great...……………………….damnit reality just hit me,ironically about the same time my wife did.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whistlebritches wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:37 pm Well she's about 30,definitely Asian,loves my personal island in the Pacific,gives great...marital advice.
;)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Hmmmm ... I fear to think what I might do if I were loaded ... God forbid . I'd probably keep the place im at .. it's basically perfect . However , it lacks a few things. There's not many Sicilians round here , nor an ocean . So , id probably buy a home in the town where my family left the old country and hop back and forth

So , these two places
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

I like fixing up houses and I'd love to get a big permaculture project going, so you'd probably find me in Arizona re-greening the desert in some run down, obscure ghost town - definitely in the middle of nowhere. :tumble:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?