All In Color For A Dime

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Wildcat wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:21 pm Pipster, how far back do you plan on going? Are talking original series?
I cant afford the Journey into Mystery stuff.
I hope to start at when the title changed to Thor.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Wildcat
Codger in Training

For anyone who's interested, tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day. Head to your local comic book shop and grab some goodies! Most publishers put books out for free on this day once a year. Age appropriate stuff, so you can find stuff for little ones too. Here's more info:

https://www.freecomicbookday.com

Wickerman

I've still got the full set of
Image Image
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I haven't thought of them in years!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wickerman wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:36 am I've still got the full set of
Image Image
Omg .. lol
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I replaced a missing piece of my childhood yesterday at a new to me comic shop yesterday. An actual thriving, brick and mortar comic book shop.

Not a gaming or RC racing and paintball supply store with the original comic book shop name on the door and hardly any back issues or any comics at all.

I found it because I like to buy local when I can and have been searching for comic book storage supplies. My internet search and visits and phone calls eventually lead me to this shop and the supplies I needed. I also found this missing piece of my childhood. I could have stayed for hours. Actually I could have stayed for more hours than the two and a half that I did! I could have spent more than I did, but I want to continue to go back and feel young again like I did yesterday.

Apologies for droning on and on...

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:01 am I replaced a missing piece of my childhood yesterday at a new to me comic shop yesterday. An actual thriving, brick and mortar comic book shop.

Not a gaming or RC racing and paintball supply store with the original comic book shop name on the door and hardly any back issues or any comics at all.

I found it because I like to buy local when I can and have been searching for comic book storage supplies. My internet search and visits and phone calls eventually lead me to this shop and the supplies I needed. I also found this missing piece of my childhood. I could have stayed for hours. Actually I could have stayed for more hours than the two and a half that I did! I could have spent more than I did, but I want to continue to go back and feel young again like I did yesterday.

Omg , I remember that one .. too cool
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:01 am I replaced a missing piece of my childhood yesterday at a new to me comic shop yesterday. An actual thriving, brick and mortar comic book shop.

Ah, shoot! You reminded me I was supposed to go to a shop that is supposed to have awesome quarter bins. They're only open on Saturdays and Sundays. When I asked why, I was told because those are the days when most people visit the store. I don't want to be elbow-to-elbow going through the long boxes in a crowd of fanboys, but, luckily, the things I am interested (Silver and Bronze Age) don't interest generations outside of ours. Most people wouldn't know Joe Kubert if I slapped them with his picture glued to my hand.

Enjoy that book. Maybe I'll score something similar next week---if I remember what day it is.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:19 pm

Ah, shoot! You reminded me I was supposed to go to a shop that is supposed to have awesome quarter bins. They're only open on Saturdays and Sundays. When I asked why, I was told because those are the days when most people visit the store. I don't want to be elbow-to-elbow going through the long boxes in a crowd of fanboys, but, luckily, the things I am interested (Silver and Bronze Age) don't interest generations outside of ours. Most people wouldn't know Joe Kubert if I slapped them with his picture glued to my hand.

Enjoy that book. Maybe I'll score something similar next week---if I remember what day it is.
Quarter bins! I'm moving to the Big Easy! Dollar bins are the norm here, usually with a buy 10 for 5 bucks thing.

You are correct, the things you and I and many our age would be after aren't on the radar for today's crop of fanboys and that's okay with me!

Talking with the owner, the new trend is 1st appearance issues, no matter how obscure, betting on the "next big thing." He said that like in the 90s, the non fan speculator is driving these issues up.