Passing of a friend.

CoreyR
Founding Member

I got up this morning and came to work to find out that one of my best friends died last night.
Jo Coleman was not a pipe smoker but, otherwise, he would have fit in pretty good around here. He was a native of Missouri but moved to Virginia a long time back and worked, for about 19 years, for the Virginia Workers Compensation Commission before getting a medical retirement, due to a car wreck while on duty, and going to work for the local Moose Lodge in Dinwiddie, Virginia.
We were bailiffs, in work comp court, for years and then he was my boss in the insurance investigations unit. After years of nonstop crap Joe was given the chance and jumped for for a medical retirement. He got it and took a sweet deal as the manager for his local Moose lodge. That low down, dirty, so & so used to call or text me every day about 10 AM: "hey, just got to work, saying high from the bar at the lodge!" I would get another one three hours later, "Done for the day, going fishing! just saying hi!!!" He was LOVING it there and, knowing him, probably putting in far more hours than he was telling me but he couldn't pass up the opportunity to "rub it in." That was his dream job.
Anyway, I just wanted to take a moment and share the passing of a good man. I know none of y'alll knew him but he was one of my very few friends. I am pretty sure he was saved, we discussed faith often, so Joe put in a good word for me will ya?
:buddy:
This post by CoreyR liked by (total 7):
Middle EarthMikeDennisonIslayphilePreacher1611AngraMeloMaynardWhistlebritches
Middle Earth

So sorry to hear this
So sorry for your loss
Lot of people on standby in Heaven waiting for us still here
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 2):
CoreyRMikeDennison
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

When you love a man, and I'm talking as a friend obviously , there's almost no better bond in the world . We all have " friends " but rarely do we have many true friends. I have a few true friends and God knows I love them so much it hurts .
Only a true friend would rub it in on you like that . He sounds like my kind of guy :D . I only wish he could have enjoyed his job longer... but that's worldly .
Your friend is in a place where you will see him again . , this I truly believe .
The next time you see him will be the best experiences you two ever have and you know it :thumbs:

GOD bless his family and you
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonunregistered2Whistlebritches
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

My condolences, Corey. Jo sounded like a great guy with a good sense of humor.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonCoreyR
.................🎳
Wilderness Pipe

I'm truly sorry for your loss. He sounds like a great guy and a true friend of yours. I know you will miss him dearly, but find comfort in knowing he is with God and knowing that you will see each other again
This post by Wilderness Pipe liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonCoreyR
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

Sorry for your loss, brother. The passing of a true friend is a hard thing to bear.
This post by MikeDennison liked by:
CoreyR
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
unregistered2
Codger in Training

Friends like that will always be with you in heart and memory. They leave a mark on you forever, and hopefully you on them. I like to think that these types of people in our lives is what makes us wealthy in the truest sense of the word.
Sorry for your loss.
This post by unregistered2 liked by:
MikeDennison
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Rest eternal grant to him, O Lord;
And let light perpetual shine upon him.

May his soul, and the souls of all the departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 6):
unregistered2MikeDennisonCoreyRBruyere_RoyaleRuffinogoldsimplepipes
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'm sorry for your loss Corey. Sad day.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 4):
MikeDennisonCoreyRFr_Tomsimplepipes
CoreyR
Founding Member

Thanks everybody. I appreciate the sentiment but it is his wife, son and daughter I feel for. He was a bit of a larger than life figure and worth having known.
Ah well, life goes on.
This post by CoreyR liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomBruyere_Royalesimplepipes