Whatcha Doin'?

Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:05 pm
RDPipes wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:08 pm Well, I've been trying all day to get a pipe done but, it seems I don't suppose to today.
I have to keep stopping to take care of something else, maybe tomorrow.....I hope.
Story of my life. LOL!
You probably just have to have opportunity when you get inspired. Creative things are that way.
Yeah, I know I've always found that to be the case....

...maybe inspiration will hit me tomorrow.
RDPipes

Not so much inspiration but, the way I do things to keep them out of the way so I can work on pipes without interruption.
For instance, I had an order of briar come in today so I had to clean all the blocks up on the sander (that took a good 45min.), so I wouldn't have to do it later.
Then I had a order come in that I found I had screwed up and had to contact the vendor to return it in exchange for what I really needed
And then there was those things when you get old you forget to do when your in that room, only having to return and try to remember what the hell it was before you go all
the way back out to the shop and then remember. And all this when I'm right in the middle of working on one. Okay, well start fresh Monday morn cause I forgot today was Saturday, Duh!
whiskey

Finally a day near 70 degrees. Took a bike ride this morning, then pipes and cigars on the porch. Chicken pot pie cooking. It’s almost time for a cocktail.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Formulating a plan of attack for the restoration of a roll top desk.

The lovely smell of a roast drifting to me from the kitchen.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Trying to find someone who cuts hair from home.
The quarantined life:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:04 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:05 pm
RDPipes wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:08 pm Well, I've been trying all day to get a pipe done but, it seems I don't suppose to today.
I have to keep stopping to take care of something else, maybe tomorrow.....I hope.
Story of my life. LOL!
You probably just have to have opportunity when you get inspired. Creative things are that way.
Yeah, I know I've always found that to be the case....

...maybe inspiration will hit me tomorrow.
I think I'll " naturist " on my prtoperty today
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Bro Uhaha wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:58 am Trying to find someone who cuts hair from home.
The quarantined life:
I tool the clippers to my head the other day. Touched it up today. 000 blade everywhere but a patch in the front. It's far from glorious but I always wear a hat, anyway.

Said Mrs. King: "As long as you're happy, I'm not going to complain."

I repeated the process today, making the patch a little bigger. I took a divot out its circumference, unintentionally, since during the first pass, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. The divot is still visible. Where the clippers go is about a thirty-second of an inch long so it's going to take awhile for it it grow in. It looks okay in the mirror. With a mug like mine, it's almost impossible to mess with perfection.

You always go DIY. Do they still sell flowbees?
Middle Earth

I cut my own as well
#8 on top
#2 on the sides and the non-goatee part of my beard
The rest of my beard is much longer than anything else on my head/face
Done
One of the ladies that works for me is a licensed barber
She asked me "who cuts your hair, it looks nice"
Her job depends on such comments
I started doing it about 20 years ago because of the time I was wasting on hair-cuts
Now, it saves me a bundle of time and money
Easy to do
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Just got done with an all nighter catfishing , got fresh filets in the freezer. Now it's time to go shooting . A productive and eventful Sunday.
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
avid

Big Iron wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:02 pm Just got done with an all nighter catfishing , got fresh filets in the freezer. Now it's time to go shooting . A productive and eventful Sunday.
decent
insufferable filter guy