Shaving

sisyphus
Person of Interest

I'm not into the whole shaving thing. It's something I need to do every day, like brushing my teeth.

I learned on a Norelco. Ever since my skin cleared up, around age 19, I've shaved with a blade. All of a sudden I can't shave without nicking myself. 30+ years of shaving with a blade and never getting cut, now all of a sudden I can't leave the mirror unbloodied. Tried a different razor brand just in case I got a bad batch. Nope, still bloody.

Chalking it up to maybe my skin is changing with age, I said screw this after a couple months of consistently unsatisfying shaves and ordered an electric shaver. Bought a Panasonic Arc3 just to see if it fixed my problem. Not only did it fix my problem this thing is giving me a closer shave than disposable triple blades did. Very happy with the shave it gives me.

Problem solved, and shaving is now back to being just an automatic task I complete every day.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I'm not a big shave guy either. I've been using a DE since I've started shaving and I don't have a face full of coarse hair that requires an electric. A can of Barbisol and a splash of clubman and I'm off to the races.

I'm glad you got it sorted.
The Troll Whisperer
Bamarick

In recent years I've had 2 electric razors and neither gave me the shave I wanted. I now use a Gillette Fusion Power Razor with Aveeno shaving cream and I get a good close shave with that combo. I buy the blades in an 8-pack which will last me most of a year shaving 4 or 5 times a week.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I did the electric thing in the past . I liked it fine . I used prelectric, or whatever it was called , and just did it while driving most times . About 5 years ago I picked back up on a DE , like from back in the day , and I just prefer it
I think because I dont have to shave every day like I used to , that the DE works . If i had to every day , I'd go back to electric
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

I would love to shave, but my lady says, and I quote:
"The beard improves [my] face."
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:48 pm I would love to shave, but my lady says, and I quote:
Dear God man ... what's under there :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:53 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:48 pm I would love to shave, but my lady says, and I quote:
Dear God man ... what's under there :)
Temptation...
Whalehead King

Hanging around PSF makes me feel like this guy:

Cobman

I used to hate shaving but about a year ago I bought a Merkur DE razor, Proraso soap, a synthetic brush and some Clubman aftershave. I really enjoy shaving now and hope I never have to go back to disposables. Shaving can be another rabbit hole to throw your money in. I now have several razors, soaps, brushes, and aftershaves that I really enjoy.
JTWilliams

Shaving? I remember that. Last time was maybe 30 years ago. I believe it was a Tuesday.
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski