Haunted house

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

I've said it before that my house is haunted. I was in the garage earlier and heard a radio playing. I am the only one awake. About 10 minutes ago I heard the voices engaged in conversation from my man cave. And no it wasn't the voices in my head. Again I'm the only person awake. I had thought he had decided to leave us alone for awhile but I guess not. Just thought I'd share.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

that would creep me the f out
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
ncrobb
Founding Member

I had a girlfriend in high school who lived in a really nice but very old house. There was a ghost there named “Scratch” who lived in the storage area under the main stairs. Personally, I never had an encounter but she was adamant that he was there.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Might be time to get that house blessed. People who come to the Episcopal Church from an Orthodox background like an annual visit and a "booster shot" blessing. Often people moving into a new home will get it blessed.

I had a Latino family once that had bought a new house, and we scheduled a house blessing. We had the coffee hour after church at their place, and so the Latino congregation all showed up.

The next Sunday, the mother of the family was raving about the family's week after the blessing. It seems her son had to go before a judge over some issue, and the charges were dismissed. Her husband got a call back and a job offer. The woman's biopsy came back benign. Her daughter was accepted to the college of her choice, and was awarded a merit scholarship. It seems like there was more, but I have given you the high points.

At coffee hour that week, another three or four families got on the calendar to get houses blessed. I was busy on Sunday afternoons for a while.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

One of my kids used to wake up with 3 and 4 fingered scratches on him in places he could not reach as a toddler. We never figured it out, but it stopped after six months or so.

I don't believe in ghosts, but that doesn't mean that they are not real.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

ImageImage
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

used to know a guy who had his own paranormal team on the side, actually a fairly busy industry. they would go and evaluate dwellings on request, even had a gig with a Canadian cable company filming some of the exploits. haven't heard from him in a while, but i'm sure he's still into it. They attend comventions and trade association events, but i'm not sure if it isn't just for entertainment, or what.
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The previous owner of my house passed away in the bed room. She was in her 80's. I sometimes get the feeling her presence is here and I welcome it. When I pulled up our back deck and was digging out the mess I found this under the roots of some bush that had been cut down long before the deck was built over it. I kept it and it now lives in my wife's spice cabinet.
The Troll Whisperer
Serenity

Frankenstein never scared me, but marsupials do,,,, because they're fast!

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If I ever have a ghost in the house , I hope shes a full figured large breasted redhead wearing nothing . Why is it we're born naked but all ghosts are clothed . My luck , id have the ghost of a leper clothed in sheets .

As far as the op ghost .. I've had a few creepy experiences but nothing on going . I think if something like that continued , id have concern . If not , id chalk it up to something in the universe messing up for a moment
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.