PSF Song of the Day

Whalehead King

If you have a half hour to kill, this is a killer film. I'm listening to the soundtrack in the background while I do whatever it is that I do. I saw this in the theater years ago. I like it as much as I like Necco wafers.

I'm a big Philip Glass fan from way back. I find the repetition of his compositions soothing. YMMV.
Whalehead King

That said, this is the PSF Song of the Day:

...and every day.

Thanks, @whistlebritches. See what you did? :facepalm:
Whistlebritches

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:55 pm That said, this is the PSF Song of the Day:

...and every day.

LMAO........My work is done here.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

The B52s are good for Saturday morning to "get up and get moving"

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:35 am The B52s are good for Saturday morning to "get up and get moving"

I once made karaoke history with this song. Newport, RI will never be the same after that rendition. People still talk about it. I try to forget it, though I can still perform to the same level of 'excellence' that I did that night.

Love Shack has too many memories for me. I need a pineapple flavored machine made cigar. Please excuse me...
Whalehead King

For whatever reason, I'm getting the feeling that today on PSF is best expressed by a piano in the desert. Bear with me.

This first one is the same song you remember from the 80's. Same words. Same singer. Different context. This is the way people feel about tobacco taxation laws, and this song could be an anthem for that. I'm with ya. I'm no anti-tobacco advocate. Far from it. This song is a bit more powerful in this version and this context, however and, even though it deals with cancer, it's not about the pseudo science behind pipe tobacco bans or second hand smoke. It's more about infant leukemia, lymphoma, and neuroblastoma.

Thank you Mr. Snider. Thank you for this version of your top ten song. A tip of my fedora your way. Today is the first time, I've heard/seen this version. I like it much better than the face-painted FM power rock station morning zoo crew version.

The War on Cancer that President Nixon declared is far, far from over. Let us continue to fight the good fight against this insidious disease with dignity, humanity, and the full force of our convictions and our collective efforts, both as individuals and as a society. Live long and prosper, friends and enemies alike. The fight will be long. The end is usually painful. The fight is worthwhile.

If you've got a little mist in your eye after watching this video, well, mister, that means you are still an American and you've still got a heart. A tip of my fedora in your direction, too. The world is full of pain and suffering. It is also full of hope against all odds. Keep the faith. Fight the good fight.

God bless us, every one. There but for the grace of the angels go we. Be compassionate and show charity to those less fortunate than you. To everyone who has lost a child or a loved one to cancer, you are in WK's prayers, for whatever that is worth. God bless us, every single one of us, young and old alike, saint and sinner, pipe smoker or pipe opponent.

I don't know if this should be the PSF Song of the Day, but it's a version of this song worth witnessing and remembering.

AND, just to throw everything off kilter, and to escape the charge of being maudlin, this video reminds me of another one in an entirely different vein. Now, without further ado, let's enjoy the lighter side of a piano in the middle of a desert:

You can choose which song should be song of your PSF day, today. Every day is full of opportunities to be morose or to yuk it up. Pop culture is culture. We all share common experiences. Keep both extremes in mind and strike a balance. Be touched by the world's sorrows and laugh when you have the chance.

Have a great PSF day, today, wherever you may happen to find yourself!
Whalehead King

Whistlebritches wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:04 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:55 pm That said, this is the PSF Song of the Day:

...and every day.

3:34. "Don't worry. Rick Astley will live on."
Whistlebritches

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:39 pm
Whistlebritches wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:04 pm

...and every day.

3:34. "Don't worry. Rick Astley will live on."
Well if he is a man of his word he'll never let you down
Whistlebritches

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:35 am The B52s are good for Saturday morning to "get up and get moving"

Saw them live in Hawaii back in the early 80's.........still one of my favorite songs.Not to mention I've always had a thing for the redhead........I'd do things to her that would make Larry Flint blush with shame.

Thanks
Whalehead King

There's no denying it. It's that kinda day: