PSF Song of the Day

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Alternate version

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:22 pm It's a song about taking a cable car ( a funicular).

When I looked up the word for funiculare in my Italitan-English dictionary while I was in Naples, I was disappointed to learn that the translation for funiculare is funicular. Quite the help. It's a car that's pulled up the side of a hill by a cable. I took it many times when I was in Naples. It's an old, hilly city.

This song has been on my mind a lot today. I've been whistling it. It's catchy.
i think she's lip synching
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

avid wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:22 pm It's a song about taking a cable car ( a funicular).

When I looked up the word for funiculare in my Italitan-English dictionary while I was in Naples, I was disappointed to learn that the translation for funiculare is funicular. Quite the help. It's a car that's pulled up the side of a hill by a cable. I took it many times when I was in Naples. It's an old, hilly city.

i think she's lip synching
She's a real opera singer. I beleive Dangerfield was singing from his heart.

How 'bout these grocery store employees?

If this happened in New Orleans everyone would be dancing like nobody watching.
avid

people do the darndest things
insufferable filter guy
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

I am disappointed in the translation. also!
Whalehead King

Ellis You wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:09 pm

I am disappointed in the translation. also!
You're talking about the Dangerfield translation, which was the one that most people knew for years. I'm with you, I like the original lyrics, and the accurate translation of them, better.
Whalehead King

The song that is appropriate for all occasions:

Whalehead King

I know few of you will dig this song.

Whalehead King

Is it just me or do the Wiggles look like some ersatz version of Star Trek?

Even the guy in red in this video looks like he's doing a Q impersonation at some point during this video.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Been awhile...