Hats

Riff89

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:50 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:24 pm Me with a friend of mine. He's a Texan.

Damn , those guys from Texas are pretty good looking
If Col. Klinks great American vacation was a movie this would be the cover.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Riff89 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:46 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:50 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:24 pm Me with a friend of mine. He's a Texan.

Damn , those guys from Texas are pretty good looking
If Col. Klinks great American vacation was a movie this would be the cover.
Whalehead King is the only person I know who wears a monocle. He doesn't wear it all the time. It is just for reading when his left eye gets tired from reading newsprint type all afternoon. His left eye is his weak eye. You can file away that strategic fact in your noggin in case you ever get in a knife fight with WK and you want to take unfair advantage.

I happen to know that WK's weapon of choice in a duel is to see who can complete the Daily Jumble quickest. WK is an idiot savant when it comes to making sense of a jumble of letters. If he ever challenges you, opt for the knife fight----you'll have better odds.

https://jumbleanswer.com

When someone challenges WK's manhood, or WK's honor, or WK's intelligence, or Mrs. King, WK stays cool. "Jumble at 11:00 tomorrow morning. Fresh edition of the newspaper. No cheating." The staff at the bar goes wild. They know there's gonna be a good old-fashioned smackdown, challenger losing to champion. It doesn't happen often, but, when it does happen, everyone who hears about the challenge volunteers to work the next day. It's good for business once word gets around town.

A man in a high-crown and wide-brimmed fedora will always come out on top. Ask anyone. Size doesn't matter as much as how you wear your hat with panache, but size doesn't hurt, either. It's all about style. The most important thing you should stock in your wardrobe is confidence. Everything else is just cloth draped on a dummy.

It's not the eyewear that makes a man, it's the whole package. The hat doesn't make the man, either, but better a man that is all hat and no talk than a man who is all talk and no hat. Who want's to listen to all that talk? A little less conversation and a little more action, please.

See you in the funny papers.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

I’d dare not challenge you to a word jumble Rumble. That’s some serious business and I’m not anywhere near ready for a smack down in front of your posse.
BoyScout

Citizen B wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:18 pm
BoyScout wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:06 pm I'm definitely a man that loves a good hat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TBhh22cXsX3FAGw86
You have eclectic taste in toppers. I respect that. So do I.
I rarely leave the house without a hat, and I wear them based on my planned activity.

I also have more hats than the pics I posted. I'm really into hats. I literally see if there is a haberdashery when I travel places so I can get a new hat.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Riff89 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:32 pm I’d dare not challenge you to a word jumble Rumble. That’s some serious business and I’m not anywhere near ready for a smack down in front of your posse.
Today's final answer was "SIBLING REVELRY."

I was going to give up after the first three clues but Mrs. B wanted me to see me solve it to prove I haven't lost my touch. I haven't lost my touch.

https://jumbleanswer.com/2021/05/13/jum ... r-5-13-21/
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:02 pm I bought a new black Stetson Open Road the other day (I already own a tan Open Road). Brim up for daytime, brim down for evening.
I put on my best Citizen B pose and here's what happened.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:02 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:02 pm I bought a new black Stetson Open Road the other day (I already own a tan Open Road). Brim up for daytime, brim down for evening.
I like the top pic. Classic LBJ. I don't like his politikin', but he sure knew how to wear a hat!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wildcat wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 pm
I like the top pic. Classic LBJ. I don't like his politikin', but he sure knew hiw to wear a hat!
He really did. Fun fact. The Open Road was the trademark hat of the detectives of Capt. Will Fritz's homicide department
(Dallas PD). Besides LBJ's, Det.Jim Leavelle's might be the most famous Open Road!

Capt. Fritz
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Riff89

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:11 pm
Wildcat wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 pm

I like the top pic. Classic LBJ. I don't like his politikin', but he sure knew hiw to wear a hat!
He really did. Fun fact. The Open Road was the trademark hat of the detectives of Capt. Will Fritz's homicide department
(Dallas PD). Besides LBJ's, Det.Jim Leavelle's might be the most famous Open Road!

Capt. Fritz
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Some of you will find this interesting.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche