Hats

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Have always wanted to be a "hat guy," but nature gave me an unusually large brain case, so the typical one-size-fits-all jobs have never been an option. Have been looking at the one below, but not sure I'd be brave enough to wear it in public. It takes a guy with real pizzazz to wear one of these!

Jlando19

Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:55 am Have always wanted to be a "hat guy," but nature gave me an unusually large brain case, so the typical one-size-fits-all jobs have never been an option. Have been looking at the one below, but not sure I'd be brave enough to wear it in public. It takes a guy with real pizzazz to wear one of these!

You put that hat on and you will be that guy with the pizzazz!

Cliche quote I like:
"The best weight you will ever lose, is the weight of others opinions." -unknown

Buy the hat!
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Be the guy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I'm with the other brothers here, [mention]Dr Uhaha[/mention]. It's all about the 'tude, and you can probably carry it off with just the right amount of swagger.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
CoreyR
Founding Member

If you are happy with the hat just don't care what others think. Wear it.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I think you could pull it off. Just gotta get the right threads and maybe a cane with a hidden sword in it. A chromed out Vespa wouldn't hurt either.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

It's not just the hat, you gotta figure out the whole outfit for it to work. Loose, light colored summer slacks, guayabera or Hawaiian shirt, loafers. Boom. You're welcome.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Houtenziel wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:18 pm I think you could pull it off. Just gotta get the right threads and maybe a cane with a hidden sword in it. A chromed out Vespa wouldn't hurt either.
Or a big ol' boat of a Lincoln.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Also, if you can kick everyone else's ass...that's a big help.

"Whachoo laffin' at now, mfer?"
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:24 pm It's not just the hat, you gotta figure out the whole outfit for it to work. Loose, light colored summer slacks, guayabera or Hawaiian shirt, loafers. Boom. You're welcome.
He kinda slacked off when he got to the shoes though. Would have liked to at least see some alligator skin loafers or something.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt