Hats

Puff nstuff

+1 on the Strat. But maybe not with pointy cowboy boots, but rather some round toed lace-ups or carriage boots like Chippewas or Redwings...
This post by Puff nstuff liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleRonv69
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

Wildcrow wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:36 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:03 am So this fall I've decided to try my hand at wearing cowboy boots for work. I'm a hat guy and I want a western hat but not a big ol honkin cowboy hat! I don't earn the right to wear one and I would look like a big dufus anyway. Lol

Decisions decisions...
Stetson Mountain Sky, Bozeman and the Ultra light Stratoliner..
I'm leaning towards the Stratoliner because it's a fedora but I like the others too and they are waterproof.

ImageImageImage
Definitely the bottom one.
They have the fedora in olive too... I leaning that way.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
Puff nstuffRonv69
Your internet pipe smoking companion...🎳
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:46 am +1 on the Strat. But maybe not with pointy cowboy boots, but rather some round toed lace-ups or carriage boots like Chippewas or Redwings...
I've worn loggers my entire adult life and I just can't see waking with cinder blocks any more, they weigh 20lbs each. I already bought the cowboy boots.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
Puff nstuffMr BeardsleyRonv69
Riff89
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:53 am
Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:46 am +1 on the Strat. But maybe not with pointy cowboy boots, but rather some round toed lace-ups or carriage boots like Chippewas or Redwings...
I've worn loggers my entire adult life and I just can't see waking with cinder blocks any more, they weigh 20lbs each. I already bought the cowboy boots.
Your back will thank you. I switched from loggers (Chippewas and Georgia’s) about 8 years ago to steel toe cowboy boots ropers (low heel) and haven’t looked back the only benefit I got from wearing loggers was the extra 2” to my height lol. I’m 5’7” so it made me closer to average height lol.
This post by Riff89 liked by (total 3):
Puff nstuffBruyere_RoyaleRonv69
Puff nstuff

I didn't mean loggers, no - carriage boots are lighter and have a lower heel. Ropers are great. But if you already have the cowboy boots, well, there you are, then. You know what you're doing.
This post by Puff nstuff liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleRonv69
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:33 pm I didn't mean loggers, no - carriage boots are lighter and have a lower heel. Ropers are great. But if you already have the cowboy boots, well, there you are, then. You know what you're doing.
I know, I was just giving a little back story. Lol
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
Puff nstuffCitizen B
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

Riff89 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:59 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:53 am
Your back will thank you. I switched from loggers (Chippewas and Georgia’s) about 8 years ago to steel toe cowboy boots ropers (low heel) and haven’t looked back the only benefit I got from wearing loggers was the extra 2” to my height lol. I’m 5’7” so it made me closer to average height lol.
I went with Tecovas regular cowboy boot with rubber soles and a angled heel for driving. Light boots saves ankles, so many times Ive rolled my ankle I'm done.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
Puff nstuffRiff89Ronv69
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:03 am So this fall I've decided to try my hand at wearing cowboy boots for work. I'm a hat guy and I want a western hat but not a big ol honkin cowboy hat! I don't earn the right to wear one and I would look like a big dufus anyway. Lol

Decisions decisions...
I'm leaning towards the Stratoliner because it's a fedora but I like the others too and they are waterproof.

ImageImageImage
Are these hats all crushable? They look it. There is something to be said for that.

I used to put taps on the heels on my cowboy boots. I love to listen to myself walk. I also love to leave my mark on dance floors.

It's too humid where I live now to be wearing cowboy boots, though they do out on the Cajun prairie. That's past Eunice.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleRonv69
--- A daydream believer. I prefer Veronica over Betty, though I like Betty a lot.
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

Citizen B wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:58 pm

Decisions decisions...

ImageImageImage
Are these hats all crushable? They look it. There is something to be said for that.

I used to put taps on the heels on my cowboy boots. I love to listen to myself walk. I also love to leave my mark on dance floors.

It's too humid where I live now to be wearing cowboy boots, though they do out on the Cajun prairie. That's past Eunice.
Yes they are all crushables. A great selling point for me.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by:
Ronv69
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:57 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:58 pm

Decisions decisions...

ImageImageImage

Yes they are all crushables. A great selling point for me.
I always keep one in rotation. A crushable hat comes in handy when the scene gets mean and you need to make a speedy getaway.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleRonv69
--- A daydream believer. I prefer Veronica over Betty, though I like Betty a lot.