Hats

User avatar
ironclad
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:21 pm
Location: Texas

I just retired my hat after 30 years. I still have it but (apparently) I can't wear it around older women because they all seem to be entitled to tell me I shouldn't be wearing my "fishing" hat to the office. Yes, it is stained and the brim is frayed and it probably does smell like old cigars but it is part of me. Twice it saved me from snakebites! Once I used it to distract this... fellow... well, that is another story.

It is an Australian Outback with a side snap and a 4" brim. I don't remember who made it and the tag inside has long worn away.
This post by ironclad liked by (total 3):
Bruyere_RoyaleRonv69Citizen B
Mischief managed.
User avatar
Wildcrow
Founding Member
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:03 pm
Location: The hills of Tennessee

ironclad wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:55 pm I just retired my hat after 30 years. I still have it but (apparently) I can't wear it around older women because they all seem to be entitled to tell me I shouldn't be wearing my "fishing" hat to the office. Yes, it is stained and the brim is frayed and it probably does smell like old cigars but it is part of me. Twice it saved me from snakebites! Once I used it to distract this... fellow... well, that is another story.

It is an Australian Outback with a side snap and a 4" brim. I don't remember who made it and the tag inside has long worn away.
I might be petty, but id sneeze every single time they were in my presence. I mean, full on sneeze fits. Their perfumes gotsta go.
This post by Wildcrow liked by:
Ronv69
User avatar
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 2442
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:03 pm

ironclad wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:55 pm I just retired my hat after 30 years. I still have it but (apparently) I can't wear it around older women because they all seem to be entitled to tell me I shouldn't be wearing my "fishing" hat to the office. Yes, it is stained and the brim is frayed and it probably does smell like old cigars but it is part of me. Twice it saved me from snakebites! Once I used it to distract this... fellow... well, that is another story.

It is an Australian Outback with a side snap and a 4" brim. I don't remember who made it and the tag inside has long worn away.
Show me a well-worn hat and I can tell you the character of the man who wears it.

"...it is part of me." "nuff said. That hat is a keeper.
This post by Citizen B liked by:
Ronv69
--- A daydream believer. I prefer Veronica over Betty, though I like Betty a lot.
User avatar
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 2442
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:03 pm

This post by Citizen B liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleRonv69
--- A daydream believer. I prefer Veronica over Betty, though I like Betty a lot.
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil
Posts: 9245
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Citizen B wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:09 pm
I like my Fez a lot and I can't wait until the weather breaks to wear it.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
Citizen BRonv69
Your internet pipe smoking companion...🎳
User avatar
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 2442
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:09 pm
I like my Fez a lot and I can't wait until the weather breaks to wear it.
I forget, do you have a tassel or just a stem? I'm more inclined toward purchasing the stem model. The tassel seems like too much of an affectation.

I think they only have maroon with a stem. If they had black with a stem, I'd pull the trigger. I dislike hats with stems, I only own two berets that have them out of seven total. But I think a stem on a fez represents good sportsmanship. I think Sidney Greenstreet went with the stem model in Casablanca. All the greats did.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleRonv69
--- A daydream believer. I prefer Veronica over Betty, though I like Betty a lot.
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil
Posts: 9245
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Citizen B wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:16 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:09 pm
I like my Fez a lot and I can't wait until the weather breaks to wear it.
I forget, do you have a tassel or just a stem? I'm more inclined toward purchasing the stem model. The tassel seems like too much of an affectation.

I think they only have maroon with a stem. If they had black with a stem, I'd pull the trigger. I dislike hats with stems, I only own two berets that have them out of seven total. But I think a stem on a fez represents good sportsmanship. I think Sidney Greenstreet went with the stem model in Casablanca. All the greats did.
Mine has a tassel.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
Citizen BRonv69
Your internet pipe smoking companion...🎳
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil
Posts: 9245
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

I've decided to go with the Mountain Sky.. I'm digging the down turned brim. I also ordered an Open Road because I really want a western style hat that's not a huge cowboy hat.
Fall is fast approaching and I can't wait until the weather breaks so I can get back to my hobby of hat wearing,
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by:
Ronv69
Your internet pipe smoking companion...🎳
User avatar
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 2442
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:48 pm I've decided to go with the Mountain Sky.. I'm digging the down turned brim. I also ordered an Open Road because I really want a western style hat that's not a huge cowboy hat.
Fall is fast approaching and I can't wait until the weather breaks so I can get back to my hobby of hat wearing,
By October, I am ready to wear wool coats, wool suits, and wool hats because my biological clock still hasn't adapted to the seasons in my adopted home. I wear straw hats and linen suits, sans overcoat, usually, through December. Then, finally, it is time to wear a wool fedora. Finally.

I did wear my crushable fedora today because it was raining. Wearing a hat in the rain is an excellent opportunity to shape it the way you like it when you get home.

Did you buy brown? I was thinking about that today as I was walking the dog----only because I was wearing a crushable felt hat was because I thought of you. Fun fact: I don't own any brown hats, brown shoes, or brown belts.
--- A daydream believer. I prefer Veronica over Betty, though I like Betty a lot.
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil
Posts: 9245
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Citizen B wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:42 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:48 pm I've decided to go with the Mountain Sky.. I'm digging the down turned brim. I also ordered an Open Road because I really want a western style hat that's not a huge cowboy hat.
Fall is fast approaching and I can't wait until the weather breaks so I can get back to my hobby of hat wearing,
By October, I am ready to wear wool coats, wool suits, and wool hats because my biological clock still hasn't adapted to the seasons in my adopted home. I wear straw hats and linen suits, sans overcoat, usually, through December. Then, finally, it is time to wear a wool fedora. Finally.

I did wear my crushable fedora today because it was raining. Wearing a hat in the rain is an excellent opportunity to shape it the way you like it when you get home.

Did you buy brown? I was thinking about that today as I was walking the dog----only because I was wearing a crushable felt hat was because I thought of you. Fun fact: I don't own any brown hats, brown shoes, or brown belts.
The Mountain Sky in Acorn and the Open Road in Fawn.. the Open road is 6x hard felt.. serious snow hat! I'm wearing my straw Pork Pie today..
Image
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
Citizen BWildcrowRonv69
Your internet pipe smoking companion...🎳
Post Reply