Unauthorized Transactions

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Man, oh man... Rude awakening this morning when I realized someone out there has been ordering their Christmas gifts, or whatever, with my debit card.

Already informed my bank and the retailers involved, but it is a significant amount of money and I'm sure full resolution is going to take a little time.

On the bright side - I needed to replace my card anyway. :lol:
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

:cry: Holy crap, man! That's horrible! Hope it all gets untangled soon.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I feel your pain. Someone managed to lift our credit card number, and made a bunch of purchases. They replaced our card, but the thief had somehow acquired some info on my wife, enough to convince the CC company, and changed the address on our account so they could get a replacement card too. It ended in us having to cancel the card entirely and put a freeze on all of our credit reports.
So now I use cash whenever humanly possible..
People.. what a bunch of bastards. :lol:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Banks need to figure out a better solution for their cards, mine gets dirty and scratched up on the strip like a scratch off within a months use.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Glad you caught it early...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Wells Fargo is pretty quick to catch stuff like that. Happened to me twice. Wells caught it both times before I did. I wasn't on the hook for anything either time and they didn't freeze my money.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Dr Uhaha

sisyphus wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:52 pm Wells Fargo is pretty quick to catch stuff like that. Happened to me twice. Wells caught it both times before I did. I wasn't on the hook for anything either time and they didn't freeze my money.
Well, my bank sure-as-sh*t missed these. No fraud alerts, calls, e-mails - nothing. Just glad I caught it before more serious damage was done.
JTWilliams

Such a pain. I once got a call from my bank that my card was frozen until they could review some suspicious charges. We did this on the phone which revealed three purchases I didn't make. They said I'd be getting a new card in five to seven business days, or I could go to a branch and replace it. All of this was fine except for one small detail. My 19-year-old daughter and I had just finished lunch and hadn't paid the check yet, and that was the only card I had on hand. Fortunately, we had enough cash together for lunch and a tip. Now I carry some "milk money" around as well.
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

This happens to me all the time. So far, I've no trouble getting everything unauthorized reversed. I hope it works out the same for you.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
vwdeano

I can't believe they caught m...

I mean, dangit, that's tough...
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.