What Are You Watching

MikeDennison
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:23 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 pm Great Courses: The Roman Empire
I listened to that. If you want some Great Courses audio CDs, I have hundreds of them. I will be happy to give them to you. PM me.

Anyone who wants some, please PM me. I am happy to get rid of them. They are excellent and they served me well, but there is only so many times I can listen to them.

My collection leans heavily toward history.
Thanks man! I might take you up on that. I've got some stuff to get headed your way...long overdue.
This post by MikeDennison liked by:
Ronv69
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Middle Earth

Thomas Cochrane: Craziest Sea Captain in History
Incredible man
For any history buff, you will be well rewarded

This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 3):
Dr UhahaMikeDennisonRonv69
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Finally got the rest of my home theater hooked up yesterday so we've been watching a lot of movies with good low frequency information. Cloverfield is the current selection.
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
Dr UhahaMikeDennisonRonv69
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:10 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 pm Great Courses: The Roman Empire
I listened to that. If you want some Great Courses audio CDs, I have hundreds of them. I will be happy to give them to you. PM me.

Anyone who wants some, please PM me. I am happy to get rid of them. They are excellent and they served me well, but there is only so many times I can listen to them.

Thanks man! I might take you up on that. I've got some stuff to get headed your way...long overdue.
If he doesn't I will! I wore out my Richard Fineman lectures.
This post by Ronv69 liked by:
MikeDennison
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:03 pm Finally got the rest of my home theater hooked up yesterday so we've been watching a lot of movies with good low frequency information. Cloverfield is the current selection.
Me too! Got some new Klipsch speakers with dual 8" woofers that need to be broken in. Haven't had a chance to watch any movies yet. Put the small 55" TV in the den and hooked up the old Klipsch bookshelf speakers with a tiny amp. We've been listening to the built-in speakers for months now since we moved.
This post by Ronv69 liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonMr Beardsley
Ronv69
Founding Member

Haven't watched the news this year! 😁 🤠
This post by Ronv69 liked by (total 2):
Dr UhahaMikeDennison
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:23 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:10 pm

If he doesn't I will! I wore out my Richard Fineman lectures.
Go for it! I've got a back-log of Great Courses on Audible and Amazon anyway. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:03 pm Finally got the rest of my home theater hooked up yesterday so we've been watching a lot of movies with good low frequency information. Cloverfield is the current selection.
Me too! Got some new Klipsch speakers with dual 8" woofers that need to be broken in. Haven't had a chance to watch any movies yet. Put the small 55" TV in the den and hooked up the old Klipsch bookshelf speakers with a tiny amp. We've been listening to the built-in speakers for months now since we moved.
Nice! The front of mine (older monitor audio silver 6's and silver center) has been hooked up since we moved in. Needed to pull wire under the house to the rear of the room to hook up the surrounds (monitor silver fx) and subwoofer. The sub is a Dayton audio ultimax 15 in a down firing enclosure I built. It sits in a bay window knock out / dead space behind the sofa and is very tactile. Powered by a crown xls 1500
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
Ronv69
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Robinson Crusoe (1954)

This post by Dr Uhaha liked by:
Wildcat
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

The Italian Job (1969)

Benny Hill slays me in this.