Whatcha Doin' 2021?

Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Blew out my bad back working on the new flower bed for my wife. Bedridden and feeling miserable. I took it slow and easy so I don't know what happened. No cigars indoors. Thank goodness I have my trusty pipes for some solice. Reading an anthology of some of Mark Twain's short stories. If he can't get a chuckle out of a sour and grumpy invalid nobody can. Even though I have read these at least a half dozen times. His art never gets old.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Lostdog5152 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:16 pm Blew out my bad back working on the new flower bed for my wife. Bedridden and feeling miserable. I took it slow and easy so I don't know what happened. No cigars indoors.

No good ever comes from honey-do chores. Don't try to argue with me. I didn't say there was no short term benefit of good will, but that always shifts back to "yeah, but what have you done for me lately?" lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Was clearing out some old shrubs, but decided to spare them a bit longer.

simplepipes
Codger in Training

Dr Uhaha wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:28 pm Was clearing out some old shrubs, but decided to spare them a bit longer.

This is quite the excellent picture . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Dr Uhaha wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:28 pm Was clearing out some old shrubs, but decided to spare them a bit longer.

Thata boy!!!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

No pipes or cigars in the house so trying to decide if I want to go outside in the muggy heat.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Puff nstuff

I just 'fixed' the bottom drawer in the kitchen. The bottom dropped out a few days ago when it defied me and I had to show it who was boss.
Ah, the wonders of particle board, tack guns, and cheap stamped metal. It will never be the same, no matter how much glue or new tacks I throw at it. Good thing it's the least-used drawer of the bunch.
This kitchen is in dire need of a makeover.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I asked a young man I know if he wanted to make $20. "I'm always willing to earn $20.00, Mr. B," he said.

He showed up on time at 9:30AM this morning to help me move a couch.

Where the new couch was going, there was already an old couch and armchair that needed to be put on the street. "We have to get these out of the way first," I said. This kid picked up the armchair by himself and carried it out onto the street. He's 22 years old and built like an ox. That's why I offered him the 20 bucks to begin with, plus, he's a good honest kid. He showed up on time.

We carried the long couch out onto the street, too. Someone will take them before the day is over.

Then, we went to another house to pick up the heavy antique chaise lounge and carry it through a narrow hallway, down a flight of stairs, next door, up stairs, and into its new home. This guy made the job very easy for me. We were both sweating by job's end, which took about ten minutes, but it was 88 degrees this morning and as humid as Louisiana's armpit. I was still a little out of breath compared to my young friend, who is really more of an acquaintance than a friend. I wasn't wiped out by the exertion but I a was reminded, as I often am, that I am not as young as I used to be. Imagine if I had smoked 5 packs of cigarettes a day, the way I used to, all this time. I would have dropped the chaise lounge on the stairs and killed the poor guy!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

ImageDate night in Pittsburgh with Mrs. rlucas
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Good morning.
Drinking instant Bustelo and reading Malachi.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom