Well there ya go!

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:52 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:51 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:43 pm Conspiracy theory? Perhaps. Follow the breadcrumbs.
They unleavened?
Are you asking metaphorically or literally?
Just a flat out question.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:54 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:52 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:51 pm

They unleavened?
Are you asking metaphorically or literally?
Just a flat out question.
Hmmm. I wasn't prepared for that response. I do know that Bazooka bubble gum is kosher because I buy it at both the kosher grocery stores I patronize. I also buy Bazooka gum at dive bars, sporting clubs, bath houses, from vending machines, and at parochial school carnival raffles. I cannot imagine a world without Bazooka gum.

Mort is the leaven that grounds all of the Bazooka Joe comic strip story lines. Mort is an everyman. Mort is you. Mort is me. A reader who doesn't see his or herself in Mort is an amoral psychopath. Not understanding Bazooka Joe comics is one of the criteria that will get you landed Newgate Prison For The Criminally Insane.

Mort is unleavened. Mort is you and me.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:43 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:55 pm
Wildcat wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:33 pm Image
The bottom left panel says in Hebrew. "Did you know Bazooka Joe was allergic to knives?" Lol. The rest of it is too stylized for my technology to recognize.
I know it's Hebrew. I just can't imagine the storyline that goes along with this, assumedly, Isreali (where else do people speak Hebrew?) Bazooka Joe comic that starts with Joe admiring a knife for three panels, then, looking sad with some kind of formal monologue in formal Hebrew letters for one oversized panel, and, then, ending with a splash of blood. Where's the laugh? Where's Mort? Plus there is no fortune or prize offer! I think this Bazooka Joe comic is bootleg, a forgery. There is no way this was published to sell bubbblegum.

Conspiracy theory? Perhaps. Follow the breadcrumbs. @mrpipster will play all innocent, which he usually is, but look who started this thread. Instead of paying attention to this, we should be relaxing at our ease at the end of along day and enjoy puffing on a nice machine made cigar.

Bazooka Joe has sold a lot of bubblegum. Why hasn't there been a Bazooka Joe cigar? Each stick wrapped in a comic? It is probably too late to try to license it nowadays but, you have to admit, the idea is a winner. I credit @mrpipster for starting this thread.
It appears the cartoon has been kept alive in the Jewish culture.
https://100jewishfoods.tabletmag.com/bazooka-gum/
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Jlando19

Also I suppose it would be silly of any of us to believe anything created in America is inherently American. Americans are after all the biggest proponents of capitalism even in it's late stages as we witness this day in age. Why wouldn't we license, market, and sell any and everything for profit?

https://sites.google.com/site/atifot/en ... bazooka

EDIT: Alas I digress, from my overly ambitious political permutations.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:46 pm Also I suppose it would be silly of any of us to believe anything created in America is inherently American. Americans are after all the biggest proponents of capitalism even in it's late stages as we witness this day in age. Why wouldn't we license, market, and sell any and everything for profit?

https://sites.google.com/site/atifot/en ... bazooka

EDIT: Alas I digress, from my overly ambitious political permutations.
The nail that sticks out gets hammered into place. :king:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:49 pm
Wildcat wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:33 pm Image
I'm calling fake. What is your source?
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom