Attention thrift store/consignment shoppers.

Tsal
Forum Decorum

I am looking for these in this color in very good to great condition. There will be a finders fee paid in tobacco. Thank you.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Attention @Chef Benny
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:08 pm Attention @Chef Benny
That's right! :facepalm:
The Troll Whisperer
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:37 am I am looking for these in this color in very good to great condition. There will be a finders fee paid in tobacco. Thank you.

Ok .. what you have there is a mid century set of cannisters made by the "Lincoln" company. The name of that particular line is called "Pantry Queen". Lincoln made them in various colors .. copper and chrome are the most common. There is a wanna be ebay site called wanelo. They have that exact set.. not in good shape though. I would also look into a brand called Kromex. They made some amazing MCM cannister sets too. I sell a set or 2 a year ..they go for 35-65 bucks per set.

Good luck sir!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Chef Benny wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:08 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:37 am I am looking for these in this color in very good to great condition. There will be a finders fee paid in tobacco. Thank you.

Ok .. what you have there is a mid century set of cannisters made by the "Lincoln" company. The name of that particular line is called "Pantry Queen". Lincoln made them in various colors .. copper and chrome are the most common. There is a wanna be ebay site called wanelo. They have that exact set.. not in good shape though. I would also look into a brand called Kromex. They made some amazing MCM cannister sets too. I sell a set or 2 a year ..they go for 35-65 bucks per set.

Good luck sir!
Growing up my grandmother had the chrome ribbed canisters that I always thought were super cool and I found and bought a set today on the bay. I've had a few Kromex canisters but they've gotten abused over the years and got tossed in the bin. Still, that mid-century Avocado-ish green is my favorite color, the font has to be that same style,, not the three line letters.. Thanks for the heads up, Benny!
The Troll Whisperer
Riff89

These remind me of the Antigua finish Fender put on their guitars in the late 60s and early 70s. It was the most unpopular color they ever had hands down. These canisters are sweet though!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Riff89 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:47 pm These remind me of the Antigua finish Fender put on their guitars in the late 60s and early 70s. It was the most unpopular color they ever had hands down. These canisters are sweet though!
Yeah, I don't think I would ever buy a green guitar. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
ncrobb
Founding Member

I had a green Tacoma acoustic. Sounded great but it WAS green.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Tsal
Forum Decorum

ncrobb wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm I had a green Tacoma acoustic. Sounded great but it WAS green.
:lol:
I can picture you puffin' and pickin' while porchin'.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Those are suuuuuuuuuuuuuper cool
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin