I'm not trying to make you Catholic

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:20 pm My small country church is nice but I do, very much , enjoy a bigger pretty church .
When I visit Manhattan, I go to st. Xavier...

https://www.google.com/search?q=st.+xav ... )%20photos

It's a Jesuit church . Jesuits are my least favorite catholics , ill admit, but the church is stunning
I feel the same way about the Jesuit church in New Orleans, which has the website: https://jesuitchurch.net. It is one of the most beautiful and contemplative and devout churches in the city. The Jesuits there are not as squishy as you would think Jesuits would be. It's a big order. It is also one of the oldest parishes in New Orleans since the Jesuits used to own that whole part of the city.

A beautiful church is a beautiful church. As the Jesuits say, " Ad majorem Dei gloriam."
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I dislike anything new, but, I have to admit that when I travel and I go into recently built churches, I admire the architecture and tradition involved in their construction. It is what happens both inside and outside the church building that is most important, but a beautiful church is something to enjoy, admire, and soak into oneself.

https://wdtprs.com/2021/06/my-view-for- ... cathedral/

I have no reason to visit Knoxville but if I find myself there I know where I should visit.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:35 pm I dislike anything new, but, I have to admit that when I travel and I go into recently built churches, I admire the architecture and tradition involved in their construction. It is what happens both inside and outside the church building that is most important, but a beautiful church is something to enjoy, admire, and soak into oneself.

https://wdtprs.com/2021/06/my-view-for- ... cathedral/

I have no reason to visit Knoxville but if I find myself there I know where I should visit.
For a new church , thats exceptional !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Isn't the Cathedral a 10 minute walk from your house?
God and Texas!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Going through my mother’s things I found a book I hadn’t seen in years. My age and older might remember

ImageImageImage
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Can we just leave religion off these boards. Especially this one!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Ronv69
Founding Member

The closest I came to converting was after I visited the Metropolitan Cathedral in Mexico City and then the Shrine of Guadeloupe. A truly religious experience. But I'll probably die a Methodist.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:37 pm Isn't the Cathedral a 10 minute walk from your house?
If you know the shortcuts it's more like 20 minutes to walk there. St. Louis Cathedral. The heart of New Orleans. All the inscriptions in the murals are in French.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:14 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:37 pm Isn't the Cathedral a 10 minute walk from your house?
If you know the shortcuts it's more like 20 minutes to walk there. St. Louis Cathedral. The heart of New Orleans. All the inscriptions in the murals are in French.
And a lovely walk it is.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:12 pm Going through my mother’s things I found a book I hadn’t seen in years. My age and older might remember

ImageImageImage
Reading a book like that is like candy to me. I can't get enough of it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.