Calling H.R. Puffnstuf!

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

I must confess my ignorence. I have no idea who H.R. Puffinstuff is. I've heard of Puff the Magic Dragon. That being said, I will abstain from a vote or opinion on this matter.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:00 pm :D

Dearest @Citizen B :

I must say, I'm finding this highly amusing. I will duly consider your offer, but I will not rush to a decision, much as I do regret the off-putting effect of my avatar on you, whom I refuse to accept as any sort of foe, except in jest.

We shall see what, if anything, the sage elders of this fraternity have to say about the matter. :thumbs:
You and I are not foes either in real life or on PSF. I would like to read that into the record.
arturo7 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:04 am Now I have that frikin song playing in my haid.
That's how it starts. Soon enough you'll be mad as a hatter.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

This cri de coeur is even more ridiculous since the person complaining resolutely inflicted this avatar on everyone for month-after-month last year:

Maybe a certain someone at Chez B should look in the mirror.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:00 pm :D

Dearest @Citizen B :

I must say, I'm finding this highly amusing. I will duly consider your offer, but I will not rush to a decision, much as I do regret the off-putting effect of my avatar on you, whom I refuse to accept as any sort of foe, except in jest.

We shall see what, if anything, the sage elders of this fraternity have to say about the matter. :thumbs:
Greatness can't be rushed. This I know.

I am neither here nor there on the avatar thing. I was convinced to change mine once, and people did not seem to like the new one because it was different but in the same style as this one. I finally changed back. Some people change avatars all the time. I am not by nature a guy who does. I have the same user name and avatar pretty much everywhere, and I think it helps people figure out that they are talking to the same person.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
ncrobb
Founding Member

rlucas wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:55 pm I must confess my ignorence. I have no idea who H.R. Puffinstuff is.

Well, “he’s your friend when things get rough”.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Wildcat
Codger in Training

ncrobb wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:01 pm
rlucas wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:55 pm I must confess my ignorence. I have no idea who H.R. Puffinstuff is.

Well, “he’s your friend when things get rough”.
Can't do a little cause he can't do enough.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Armycw2

rlucas wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:55 pm I must confess my ignorence. I have no idea who H.R. Puffinstuff is. I've heard of Puff the Magic Dragon. That being said, I will abstain from a vote or opinion on this matter.
A: Eat some magic mushrooms
B: Go play with your kids toys
C: Write a TV series about it
“If you can't send money, send tobacco.” GEN George Washington