What have y'all been reading ?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:36 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:24 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:36 pm

I used to pick up used books of interest at gun shows.
I used to buy Playboy magazine for the articles. ;)
I had other reasons for being at the gun shows - mostly reloading supplies. The book tables were targets of opportunity.
That's what they all say. ;)
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

I go through spells where I read like crazy and then it may be weeks or months until I read again. The last couple of books I read were fly fishing books by John Gieriach. Before that it was a Dan Brown novel. I like Louis Lamour westerns as well. I’m all over the place really. I don’t usually enjoy books that require tons of contemplation or dissection. I like to read to entertain myself. Clive cussler books are always fun.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Not to be Johnny-One-Note, but now I'm re-reading Death in the Long Grass by Peter Hathaway Capstick. Lots of people think Capstick was a terrible PH and totally out of his element, but I think he was a great storyteller.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
CoreyR
Founding Member

I have been reading Bernard Cornwall recently. I think I am up to book 8 of the "Sharpe" novels. I know, not exactly "in depth" reading.
I went to the mountains recently and spent some quality time by the campfire reading Acts and a tiny bit of tine in Galatians. I freely admit that I need to spend far more time reading my bible.
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:49 am Not to be Johnny-One-Note, but now I'm re-reading Death in the Long Grass by Peter Hathaway Capstick. Lots of people think Capstick was a terrible PH and totally out of his element, but I think he was a great storyteller.
I've heard good things about that book it's been added to my list of books to read
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:35 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:17 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:04 am

Good luck finding a copy, and if you do be ready to shell out Dunhill bucks! lol
This one? Yeah, many clams.
This is the hardback I have/had.
I did a search on Half Price Books website the other day and there was only one copy of HIWT and it was going for over 100 clams. Someone wanted it, it's gone this morning!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Riff89

Speaking of rare and valuable books I found a copy of one of my favorites books at the local transfer station (fancy word for town dump) book shed the place where people discard books that they don’t want. I’m probably the only one who actually looks through them as I always get a funny look for coming out with books instead of dropping them off. But anyway I found a signed and serialized first edition hardcover of smoke from a thousand campfires. The book is basically a collection of short life stories from the authors career as a game warden in Northern NH. It’s a really tough book to find and I’ve never been able to find a copy of my own until last weekend!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:11 pm Image
How does he get out of this?!
Start making diamonds for the government?
Give up and start smoking and drinking again?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:11 pm Image
:lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!