What have y'all been reading ?

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:25 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:15 am
Wildcat wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:56 am

I recently came across a copy of that very book in a local used book place. I picked it up for a guy at work to keep in his deer camp. I remember reading O'Connor when I was a kid.
Both my dad and grandfather where big fans of his...he's a legend in the hunting world... I have a few other books by him but I never really read them cover to cover.
A lot of his books are made up of articles he wrote for the magazines, so it's great reading when you don't have time.
Pretty much for the most part of his Outdoor Life magazine, he also wrote for girly mags and I haven't come across any of that in his hunting books. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

I am in the middle of two different books at the moment. Ty Cobb: A Terrible Beauty, and The President's Daughter. The about Ty Cobb is an interesting read. It dispells alot of the myths about Cobb.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:45 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:15 am
Both my dad and grandfather where big fans of his...he's a legend in the hunting world... I have a few other books by him but I never really read them cover to cover.
A lot of his books are made up of articles he wrote for the magazines, so it's great reading when you don't have time.
Pretty much for the most part of his Outdoor Life magazine, he also wrote for girly mags and I haven't come across any of that in his hunting books. Lol
I didn't know he wrote for girly mags. Never would have guessed that.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wildcat wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:20 am
Well, he *was* a girly man seeing he considered anything bigger than a .270 overkill on North American game! :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Pretty intense read from an ex-British officer who decided to take a 5,000 mile trek though the most dangerous part of the world.

ever forward
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Im seeing some good reads in here! Cheers boys and happy saturday. May your bowls smoke extra cool today, and your books read easy
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
ncrobb
Founding Member

Foxfire Story. We visited the Foxfire Museum on Thursday and was able to pick up volumes 6,7,8 and 10. Now I have the whole series!!!! My wife snagged them as future presents. *]*#+’2”&8/?&7+*]*{! Dang it.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:01 pm
Well, he *was* a girly man seeing he considered anything bigger than a .270 overkill on North American game! :lol:
:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Yesserie..
The Troll Whisperer