I ❤ Texas

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I've heard plenty of Texans talk about whataburger (and those that have visited or grew up in CA say it's better than in n out) so it's a silly item on my list to try. Didn't get to one on my last trip through
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Dr Uhaha

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:07 am I've heard plenty of Texans talk about whataburger (and those that have visited or grew up in CA say it's better than in n out) so it's a silly item on my list to try. Didn't get to one on my last trip through
Whataburger is something most Texans grew up with, and their burgers are pretty good. I would rate their french fry game higher.

Of course, all of my favorite burgers have been from stand alone flat iron places like, Dubl-R Hamburgers in Waco, TX. It is one of those local haunts that figured out what they were doing forever ago and have kept the formula the same with no compromises.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Dr Uhaha wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:45 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:07 am I've heard plenty of Texans talk about whataburger (and those that have visited or grew up in CA say it's better than in n out) so it's a silly item on my list to try. Didn't get to one on my last trip through
Whataburger is something most Texans grew up with, and their burgers are pretty good. I would rate their french fry game higher.

Of course, all of my favorite burgers have been from stand alone flat iron places like, Dubl-R Hamburgers in Waco, TX. It is one of those local haunts that figured out what they were doing forever ago and have kept the formula the same with no compromises.
Doing keto, french fries are on the no no list for me. Taters were a food that made me feel like crap anyway so I'm not bummed
Dr Uhaha

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:29 pm

Doing keto, french fries are on the no no list for me. Taters were a food that made me feel like crap anyway so I'm not bummed
I'm on the Keto wagon too, LOL. In that case you will want to stop at a Buc-ee's if you pass one. They have all kinds of low carb options, including these huge snack cups full of cubed cheeses, sausage, etc. Good stuff. 👍🏻

They also have spotless bathrooms if you have the lady or kiddos along.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Texas .. meh :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:00 pm Texas .. meh :lol:
🤠
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Dr Uhaha wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:47 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:29 pm

I'm on the Keto wagon too, LOL. In that case you will want to stop at a Buc-ee's if you pass one. They have all kinds of low carb options, including these huge snack cups full of cubed cheeses, sausage, etc. Good stuff. 👍🏻

They also have spotless bathrooms if you have the lady or kiddos along.
Perfect. Will have the wife with me. We're actually leaving a couple of days earlier than originally planned to take in some of the sights
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

We have a giant Buckees outside of Macon Georgia now . Only Texas would have thought of making a gas station a circus :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:00 pm We have a giant Buckees outside of Macon Georgia now . Only Texas would have thought of making a gas station a circus :)
You're welcome, pardner! 🤠