E Readers

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:54 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:40 am Hell , I cant read books anymore . The only ones I could swing would be large print for near blind people .. on a large hardback . I have to read comics online . I miss paper , I really do

My wife has a Fire and she likes it . Thats all I know
I'm in the same boat. Most of my reading is audio books. But on the kindle you can adjust the type size so anyone can read it.
Yes , Jennifer had showed that to me and its tempting . I have a comic site I go to and its awesome

The other site I read , if youre into this type stuff is ..

https://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/roman/home.html .... theres about 3 libraries in that link . Its astounding and Ive been reading through it for years

I miss holding a book and the smell of the pages .. feeling the damn thing and having it on a bookcase with a book mark where you left off . My " spot " in the living room in the corner with a book case of my favorites all around stuff . I have 10 boxes in the barn . Nobody wants old books . I never would have seen that coming
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:15 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:40 am Hell , I cant read books anymore . The only ones I could swing would be large print for near blind people .. on a large hardback . I have to read comics online . I miss paper , I really do

I'm in the same boat. Most of my reading is audio books. But on the kindle you can adjust the type size so anyone can read it.
Yes , Jennifer had showed that to me and its tempting . I have a comic site I go to and its awesome

https://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/roman/home.html .... theres about 3 libraries in that link . Its astounding and Ive been reading through it for years

I miss holding a book and the smell of the pages .. feeling the damn thing and having it on a bookcase with a book mark where you left off . My " spot " in the living room in the corner with a book case of my favorites all around stuff . I have 10 boxes in the barn . Nobody wants old books . I never would have seen that coming
Going to have to bookmark that link on my tablet
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I really wish I had time to read. Theres so much good books out there, but I really don’t have time. I prefer real books too. And I have 2 boxes of unread books waiting for me one day. I wish I read more when I had the time. Maybe I should make more of an effort. My in-between time usually goes to my favorite youtube channels.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:10 pm I really wish I had time to read. Theres so much good books out there, but I really don’t have time. I prefer real books too. And I have 2 boxes of unread books waiting for me one day. I wish I read more when I had the time. Maybe I should make more of an effort. My in-between time usually goes to my favorite youtube channels.
I usually try to play catch up on the few YouTube channels I subscribe to while eating lunch during the week
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:10 pm I really wish I had time to read. Theres so much good books out there, but I really don’t have time. I prefer real books too. And I have 2 boxes of unread books waiting for me one day. I wish I read more when I had the time. Maybe I should make more of an effort. My in-between time usually goes to my favorite youtube channels.
Not to get into the whys, but I've read over 100 books in the last 18 months. It's a good way to wind down.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

@Mr Beardsley me too. Thats what I mean by ‘in-between’ time. Eating food, using the restroom. Any quick 10-20 minutes.

@kschatey i’m jealous. I hope as my kids get older i’ll be able to read real books more.
Ronv69
Founding Member

I have almost a hundred feet of bookshelf total and I still have books I don't have room for. I thought I would read when I got old but I have a hard time seeing the words without a magnifier, plus too many distractions.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:53 pm

I have almost a hundred feet of bookshelf total and I still have books I don't have room for. I thought I would read when I got old but I have a hard time seeing the words without a magnifier, plus too many distractions.
Yes ... Read in your youth while you can .. is the take away I get .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
YakinandBaccin

I’m a really big fan of my Kindle Paperwhite. It’s my constant companion during wildfire season. I can take hundreds of books with me while I’m miles from service, the battery lasts a LONG time (weeks), and the backlight allows me to read in my tent at night so I don’t bother the rest of fire camp with a headlamp.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

I have a kindle paperwhite that I never ever use. I’d be willing to trade it for pipe smoking related paraphernalia 😂
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”